North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supreme Court says Maine cannot bar religious schools from state tuition program (msn.com)

So basically, this is saying that the STATE of Maine can't "bar" any religious school from recieving vouchers for tuition. So an example would be if a lower income family wants to send a child to a private school (Religious) but needs the state funding vouchers to do so. The State of Maine cant step in and say NO. They have to give the voucher to the schools for accepted payment.

Anyways.... what is crazy is on social media many "leftists" or "liberals" are going off on this is a bad decision. They are saying... Well what if a Muslim school....etc. THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THAT A MUSLIM AND JEWISH SCHOOL BROUGHT THIS TO THE COURT!!!! It shows you that people are stupid. This is a possible good thing and doesn't discriminate at all. If a Satanist wanted to start up a school and had all the proper paperwork and what not (ie an accredited school/religion in the eyes of the state).... YEP they get the funding.... if the religion of JEDI is recognized and is accredited and what not... they can get the vouchers from the state. IT IS MAKING PRIVATE EDUCATION OPEN TO EVERYONE... not just the rich or wealthy. But some just dont get it.

You can argue that shouldn't be sending any money to any private schools... but to say this is bad because they only care about "Christian schools"... is totally wrong.

Anyways... it shows you how stupid some people are. They just think any ruling by the Supreme Court because it has more conservative justices is "Wrong". But like the old saying... you cant fix stupid.

I just want to see how the liberal media talks about this.... it could be interesting or if they even cover it.

·
Administrator
19,851 Posts
It's about time Christian tax payers get a return on their taxes like everyone else.
I was at a Bible study last night and we were talking about this. Out of a dozen people three were former teachers and one former superintendent. The teachers agreed, but the super had some reservations. He said if all the good parents pull all the good kids what will that leave public schools with. My response was public schools better start competing now, and not wait for the hammer to fall. I doubt they are that smart. They will spend their time whinning to their bought off politicians while putting their main emphasis on transgender.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plainsman.... Agreed about how public schools need to get ahead of this before every state starts doing this... or if they already have.

I would like to hear Ken's perspective on this since he was a retired teacher.

Again not saying all public schools are bad and what not. Because there are very good teachers out there and good school systems as well.

I still am going back how some people viewed this as "bad" just because a "conservative court" ruled on it. I mean the rules basically stated that the State of Maine can't cherry pick what private schools can receive the vouchers. Like I mentioned you can argue that NO PRIVATE SCHOOL SHOULD GET STATE/FEDERAL MONEY.... (that was the basis of this argument)... but this ruling stated that they can't discriminate based on religion.

Here is an example if people dont know what I am getting at.

I run a private school in Maine that will get you to pass the state requirements for math, English, science, etc. But then I will gear it towards the trades.....ie: Contractor, plumbing, HVAC, etc. The state of Maine can supplement the tuition via vouchers.... and they give me the money. Now St. Peters Catholic School or Muhamed's Muslim school asks for the vouchers to help pay for the tuition... State says NO because it is a religious affiliated school. See how they ruled that it was a NO NO to do this. Again you can argue that the state shouldn't pay for either of the schools. But the ruling was they can't discriminate based on religion or the 1st Amendment..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts