North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for information about a scope for hog hunting. I will be hunting hogs in Texas this year when I go down there for a duck hunt. Vortex makes a dedicated scope for that particular application.
Does anyone else? What scopes do you use?

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Are you night hunting? Using a spot light? Using a green light? Or day time hunting?

The vortex would work great as you want something that is a good is low light. If you are night hunting and using a light this scope will work great as well.

If you want to get expensive. Look at the thermals or night vision stuff. Pulsar makes good ones. But if you are only going to use this for the one trip. Stick with the vortex.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking for information about a scope for hog hunting. I will be hunting hogs in Texas this year when I go down there for a duck hunt. Vortex makes a dedicated scope for that particular application.
Does anyone else? What scopes do you use?
For the style of pig hunting we recently did, the Vortex Optics Crossfire II scope worked very well on our 300 Blackout ARs.
You can also check these scopes for hog hunting.
Burris ballistic plex would have worked fine, but having the magnification was nice when we were trying to shoot them through the ear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts