North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Funny,
I heard that Al Frankin was involved in the idea behind the skit on SNL. I'm sure that the first ammendment will be the protection for the SNL crew, although the same crowd would like to take that protection away from conservative talk radio. Where are the Obama parodys?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would feel the same way about Chelsea Clinton or Amy Carter also. The kids are the ones that are getting hurt here and are going to suffer for this for the rest of their lives. Those scumbags have no decency whatsoever! Kids are OFF LIMITS! :******:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Actually if I recall from past interviews with some comedians up here in Canada about the issue of using the family of politicians as targets in their skits. The sentiment was that their (the comedian's) interest/focus is on the politician and family are generally ignored. Some would say respecting their privacy until which time those family members are brought into the political stage by their political spouse or parent. As one person put it "used as props" essentially being used/exploited by their parents or spouses to score political points.

While I don't know what the people of SNL have to say about this issue it seems to me that it was Palin who dragged her family into this theater along with her knocked up 17 year old daughter and boyfriend on a road trip across America to show the people how much of an all American family they were.

Palin opened the door to the celler and pushed her family through - SNL just gave them another nudge on the way down.

Not saying I find what SNL did tasteful by any means but I also believe family should be kept out of harms way - in my opinion this includes the ever watchful eye of the national media, used as campaign props by their parents and joke material by political saterists.

·
Administrator
19,689 Posts
it was Palin who dragged her family into this theater along with her knocked up 17 year old daughter and boyfriend on a road trip across America
Every president we have ever had has taken the stage with their family. It's simply traditional. The media did leave Chelsea Clinton alone, they left the Kennedy Children alone, they left come to think of it the Bush children and now these children are about the only ones they have sank to this level on.

Perhaps out nation is loosing sight of dignity. Strange isn't it, at the same time the liberals stress political correctness. If they were short the liberals would call them vertically challenged, but on the internet the girl is never pregnant like a respectable girl she is always knocked up like the town tramp.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
The libs are so stupid they do the SNL type smears with a bad intent and all it does is rally the base that was really not supportive of the McCain ticket.

The problem is libs don't think things thru far enough

The SNL skit helped McCain and hollywood continues to be held in disdain,

yesterday they noted on yahoo that the emmys or grammys (I dont follow them and cat remeber which is was) had its lowest TV ratings ever.

Let them continue, its to McCains advantage.

ANd Plainsman the media made one of the Bush's daughters underage drinking at college first page news for a week. Thats certainly such a rare thing at colleges in America that it deserved the coverage :roll:

Their bias is pathetic and transparent and they continue to wonder why their ratings have been in steep decline for years. I hope the lamestream media and the alphabet TV channels continue their assualt on half their potential audience.

If I ran one of the media outlets it would be run for a profit not for someones ajenda. Whats really funny is they are so biased they cannot even recognize that they are biased.

Every single newspaper in this country is in steep decline as is the ratings of the alphabet TV bunch, and that is richly deserved.

Atleast NBC seems to be beginning to recognize it with the firing of Chris matthews and oberman , :withstupid:

·
Administrator
19,689 Posts
Whistler31 said:
Bobm said:
rally the base that was really not supportive of the McCain ticket.
That would be me. I will do everything within my power to see McCain wins now and a year ago I wouldn't have voted him for Dog Catcher.
Where is the raised hand emoticon that represents "me too".

Yes, Bob, the Bush girls drinking in college is exactly what I was thinking as I typed that. It does demonstrate the bias, and you are spot on.

The other thing your right about is the decline in ratings. FOX news is the only news source worth watching, and we know how the liberals hate them. The fact is they are fair and balanced as they claim, but liberals can't see that they think they are biased. Blind to reality.

Lucky for us and for America that the liberals in the news business are loud mouth fools. They are sickening the American voter and causing many to vote for McCain.

I will give you another example. Remember the movie MASH? The TV show was good for a while until Alan Alda thought he had to include social messages in the programing. Ratings dropped, and I couldn't stand to watch the show with it's liberal bias and nauseating laugh track. Of course without the laugh track one wouldn't know where the humor was intended to be.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Whats really funny and points to liberal stupidity is that it insults women and especially black women... two groups that are very sympathetic to unwed mothers and typically likely to vote Democrat, if the Dems don't piss them off.

This is what I mean by the libs don't think things thru comment.

I listen to talk radio virtually nonstop from 6 am to when I go to bed every single day, the local talk radio staion I listen to in the evening has a black host and I was absolutely amazed at all the black women that called in in support of Sarah Palin and her daughters situation, comments like it makes her "real" and someone they can "identify with".

These are Obviously likely Dem voters especially with Obama running yet the idiots in the media , who are mostly white liberals, insult the unwed mother issue and mock Palin and her daughter.

This is why I say let the libs continue to pound nails in their coffin.

750,000 unwed girls between the ages of 16 and 20 get pregnant every year in this country, now as close as elections are in this country, how stupid do you have to be to ridicule them???? Now consider they all have families with addtional voters

1 - 12 of 12 Posts