North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from Northern Saskatchewan. Hunted geese in the "northern zone" - - - Shellbrook area. Water conditions very poor!! Fair numbers of locally hatched Canada's, but ducks are few and far inbetween, essentially none !! We got shot about half the number we usually would. My estimate is goose hunting at this time was considerably less than a normal number. Sloughs all the way up were dry, and available water for fall stageing areas is limited. DO NOT look for a duck flight from here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow I would have thought they would have been ok . how did you go up 39 to 6 to 11 and all was dry :cry: I know it was still a dry summer but a large are to the East and West had real wet winter and spring ,I know the swift area has more water than it has had in a long time and on the East where I hunt they have had a real good hatch of every thing this years and has more ducks than it has had in eight years or so all the farmers I know have told me. :beer: still not the hay days but better than the last few years :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts