North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
497 Posts
I dont know what the situation was out there, but isnt there a difference in your mind between hunting over water and jumping a roost??? I love to set up a nice water spread on a daytime roosting area, or on a slough between roosting and feeding, to try and pull birds enroute to the fields. To me when someone says jumping hte roost thjat is sneaking in on the water where the flock spent the night and jump shooting them. I am not sure quite how you would do this on the river, although I may be wrong. Tom

· Registered
497 Posts
Bravo, MRN Bravo!!!! Listen guppy, just because everyone chooses not to hunt like you does not make them wrong. That is arrogance at its height. I jave never, and seriously doubt that I ever will hunt the River. And if I do, no doubt it will be in fields. But for you to say everyone else is wrong and you are right is a joke. You show yourself down.

Until last year I only hunted fields, but then I got a dog, and nothing is more enjoyable than hunting with a dog over water. Fields ARE NOT THE SAME. Jump shooting no, but water over decoys, dang right. (sorry, slightly peeved. Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.