North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Keep things in mind when this keeps getting blown out of context and lies are being spread.

Abortion law in the United States by state - Wikipedia

Right now after this ruling came out.... 11 states out of 50 make abortion ILLEGAL.

1 state allows abortion up to 6 weeks legal after that illegal.
1 state allows up to 15 weeks (3.75 months) to be legal after that illegal
1 state allows up to 20 weeks (5 months) to be legal after that illegal.
THE REST 36 states are 22 weeks or more (5.5 months) to be legal after is illegal.

So a woman can know she is pregnant for 5 months or more in 37 states before she decides to have an abortion.

Also people are talking about ectopic pregnancies... ALL 50 states will protect the mother on this... ALL OF THEM have things protecting the mother. So dont fall for their lies.

But what this ruling does will make it become a STATE ISSUE. Which means this fall in many states I am sure you will see legislation being voted on. Especially the 13 with less than 15 weeks.

But honestly look at what is currently the law.... 5 months!!!! Half the pregnancy for people to decide and do testing and whatever. I wonder if many understand this. BTW... 7 states have NO LIMIT on gestation. Plus you see in CA and other places where ANTIFA is rioting and what not... NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

I dont care what side you are on this topic but just be informed. Yes a couple states had "clauses" that were triggered ASAP. But others didn't. Those states that had the clauses triggered will have some big elections stuff coming up this fall... be it for State Official Elections (Governor, House, Senate), some purposed "amendments" to state constitutions, some laws, and what not.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So still reading online about people going crazy over this decision. Many are saying to impeach the Supreme Court because they dont want the "FEDS" to have control over abortion rights....THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS RULING DID. It took the control out of the hands of the federal government.

It makes it available for States to amend their state constitutions to make abortion LEGAL or to outline with laws certain things....ie: First Trimester, second or even third is OK to abort. Or other things.

It is funny how people have no clue what the actual ruling did. Now it did "trigger" some clauses which most are getting fought in court ASAP. But those can be overturned come NOV or sooner if the States decide too.

It just shows you how Civics has been lost on many people. INCLUDING ELECTED OFFICIALS.

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
I have heard the feds may try get around state law by opening abortion clinics on reservations.

Edit: My post on this topic from another site.

Liberals confuse me they will kill a child at full term, but oppose the death penalty for a murderer, release violent fellons, and protest hunting. They practically worship wolves even though they kill anything they can yet hate us for shooting one deer. Their whole life is a contradiction. They also are not tolerant once they have the upper hand. A group of them would liked to have strangled me at lunch one day when I said "it's a hippocratic oath not a hypocritic oath, and none of you are doctors.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plainsman,

I have read that too. But then that would end up going to each individual nation or "tribe" to see if they would allow it or not. I am sure some would and some wouldn't.

But like I keep mentioned they are screaming "KEEP THE FEDS OUT OF IT".... this is exactly what this ruling did.. kept the federal gov out of it.

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
Your right Chuck each tribe would make a decision, but I'll bet there would be a big big carrot attached.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i have been reading on Social Media about how many are doing the "in your face GOP" or "take that Supreme court" and what not about the vote that just happened in Kansas. Which makes it legal to get an abortion in the state.

What they all are failing to understand is that is EXACTLY what the over turning of Roe vs Wade did. IT GAVE THE POWER BACK TO THE PEOPLE and not the Government. It shows you how Civics has died with people and how they would rather have an Us vs Them type mentality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts