North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all are tired of answering questions for us NR's. I do have to say every resident that has responded to NR's questions have been very nice and helpful. We are coming to NODAK to the Robinson area and will arrive on Friday October the 3. We have leased a home from a farmer there to stay in but will be freelance hunting. We want very much to field hunt for geese but was wondering about decoying ducks on the goose blocks. Any help would be appreciated. The farmer has a good bit of land that we are given access to but are very willing to put the miles on to find birds. Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
My neighbors folks have a farm up in that area and its supposely dry.There's larger lakes to the north which should provide roosts if your area doesnt have many anymore.

Whether or not you will shoot ducks in your goose decoys depends on the scouting.If they're feeding together it's pretty much a lock to get some good wingshooting. If not you probably wont get much after sunup, but you'll always get a few before that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts