North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you guys hunt rivers how do you do it? do you get on the river at sun rise and cruise the river and look for ducks then set up where they were? or do you wait till 9 or 10 and then start cruising down the river? i know it sounds like a dumb quesiton but i am fairly new to the state and want to extend my duck hunting for as far into the season as possible

· Registered
3,017 Posts
If it was me I would do none of those, I'd scout and figure out where the ducks were sitting on the river after they came back from feeding or whatever and were just loafing around. Get there the next day and set up where they were, you can probably use the same spot more than one day. At least that's how it works here in Sodak where I hunt

· Registered
1,581 Posts
Like the previous post-scout, scout, scout. I find and open spot on the river where I can get clean shots and retrieves for the dog. Concealment like always is key.

· Registered
7,740 Posts
Which river are you talking about? You realize there are restrictions on hunting the Missouri ... make sure it is legal to hunt on the river especially anywhere south of Minot, and north of Bismarck..

· Registered
2,784 Posts
R y a n said:
Which river are you talking about? You realize there are restrictions on hunting the Missouri ... make sure it is legal to hunt on the river especially anywhere south of Minot, and north of Bismarck..
I was gonna say the same thing but didn't want to sound like a jackas$ so thanks for covering it ryan. :)

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i know there are restrictions on the missouri river. i was just wondering how you guys went about hunting that? if you scouted one day then came down the next day and hunted the same spot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.