North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone kept up with what happened on the first day of this trial. I will give you a little break down of what was covered before and what was talked about during the opening statements.

Media Coverage BEFORE the trial:

1. Rittenhouse brought his gun across state lines...

2. Rittenhouse "chased down" the first guy he shot (Roseboum)...

3. Rittenhouse was an instigator and was looking for trouble...

4. The judge stated you cant use the word "victim" but they could be called arsonists, rioters, etc if it is proven that those people shot did infact do those things...

So now during the opening statements and witnesses we come to find out all of this stuff the media was complaining about or "reporting" was FALSE!!!

1. A witness said he bought the gun used by Rittenhouse and that it never left the state of WI. It was at his farm and locked up until that night. Yes they did practice shoot or shot the gun before that night. BUT IT NEVER LEFT THE STATE. (gun charge could be thrown out)

2. FBI Drone footage shows and so does other video evidence shows Rittenhouse was the one being chased and had things thrown at him. He was hit in the head with a skate board (previous footage shows this), etc.

3. Rittenhouse was seen on video giving first aid, putting out fires with a fire extinguisher, and standing to protect buildings.

4. THE PROSECUTOR even used the words "Arsonist", "Rioters", "looters" when describing the situation and about one of the people Rittenhouse shot. Roseboum was show to be instigating things, witnesses had him by cars, dumbsters, etc that were set on fire, etc.

Yeah... this is all in the opening day of this trial. Now again you can be charged with things even in a self defense case and what not. BUT THIS JUST SHOWS YOU HOW MUCH THE MEDIA HAS LIED TO US ON THIS.... and they still are. I would bet dollars against dirt that if you turned on CNN, MSNBC, etc some of those talking heads will still say the above stuff. THEY ARE NOT WAITING FOR FACTS... they want to produce facts to push a narrative.

Again.... I am not saying that this made it OK for him to kill someone or shoot someone. But the self defense "defense" is looking pretty accurate and plausible. But according the media.... Rittenhouse was a stone killer looking for trouble and the others were all innocent. WAKE UP PEOPLE... if you dont think the media is the problem with this country you have blinders on. YES I AM TALKING ALL MEDIA OUTLETS... be it CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, etc...they all are not about just showing you the news.... they are about pushing an agenda.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.... today some Kenosha detectives are stating that Rittenhouse was fired at first!!!

Remember how the media said that didn't happen. THen when the video showed (heard) a gun shot. The media said... well it was 2.5 seconds between the shot and when Rittenhouse fired.... they are lying to us people.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what are peoples thoughts on some of the stuff happening?

1. NBC corrispondent or "freelance" guy getting caught trying to take pictures of the Jury and following the van.

2. The protests and little violence that is happening outside the court house. I am all fine for protesting but some people are getting violent and need to be arrested. Also are the protest possible along the lines of Jury intimidation? This goes either way... for or against.

3. The weak case of the Prosecution.

4. The DA moved to quickly to charge instead of waiting for evidence to come in and do an investigation.

Now i am not saying that Rittenhouse shouldn't possibly get some punishment. BUT LIFE IN PRISON for a clear case of self defense isn't the punishment. He did kill two people but those people did attack him first. You can say all you want about "he shouldn't have been there"... but so shouldn't have those others as well... because there was a police order to not be on the streets!!! But again... this punishment doesn't fit the crime (if there was one).

The problem is so many people are trying to make this about RACE... it has nothing to do with race. This is a self defense case... PERIOD.

It will be interesting what happens and hopefully the right verdict happens. I think they are trying to figure out lessor of charges is why it is taking so long.

Anyways.... what are others thoughts on this whole situation?

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
NOT GUILTY

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep.... they gave him the not guilty. Which if you did see much of the evidence it does show that is the correct verdict. I am sure if they didn't try to go for the full life in prison right away. He could have gotten something against him. We will see if they try to do something again or not for lessor charges.

But again.... This is totally IMHO the right verdict. Also the prosecution and DA didn't help matters. They should have actually done an investigation! I mean in 48 hours they had charges on him. That isn't enough time... heck murder investigations where police catch people in the act are investigated longer than this.

Anyways... hope the media on all aspects... FOX, MSNBC, ABC, CNN, etc... all take notice on what is going on and actually start to do real reporting and not push agendas. Because this whole situation shows how biased and wrong the media was on this. The guy he shot in the arm was doing a "press" circuit on CNN and others and lied!! He told the exact opposite of what he testified. He said he never pointed a gun or "advanced" on Kyle during his TV interviews....even after he testified!!! But in his testimony he said he pointed and advanced at kyle.

But we will see. It will also depend on if Kyle decides to go after these news networks for slander... which he might be able to do. Time will tell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts