North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Blacklisted wrote:
Forums would be great if the people wouldn't ruin it.
I saw this rubbish on my phone and couldn't wait to get home and set a few things straight. but I'm very happy to see it's no longer necessary...you guys already got it covered! :beer:

But one can't ignore the humor of a first ever post that uses the first paragraph to diss everyone on talk forums, then uses the multiple parargraphs that follow (on a talk forum) to spew so much ridiculous, twisted, no-science bunk that even Sarah Brady would call BULL***T!. Bunk that is aparently considered "experience" by the poster. Experience gained by shooting patterns (good call, Kurt) with ONE .30/06? :eek:

It actually IS rocket science, and as Gunny Highway so eloquently stated..."a man's GOT to know his limitations" :D

But the bottom line is NO ONE was allowed to ruin anything here :thumb:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
C- why didn't you just post from your phone. You can do that now with these new fangled devices ya know. :poke:

Adam, you are as young as you feel, some days I feel 25, others about 80-ish. :laugh:

And to Blackhead, not too many people on here know there way around a riffle like you do. :iroll:

huntin1

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Huntin....little touch-screen letters + big fingers = wait till I get home :D

Oh, just for the record, my 30 cal 175gr bullets (from a completely stock 700) are holding less than 1/2 min past 200 meters after only two days of load development, so maybe...just maybe, I won't have to use lighter bullets. :eyeroll:

And didn't Hathcock do it with 173's, in the very same cartridge, and at ranges GREATLY in excess of a couple hundred yards?

This is too easy. Even easier than a 175 yard heart shot with a modern, scoped, centerfire rifle.....with Remington stamped on the side :wink:

Just think...if it was a Savage he coulda done it blindfolded! :beer:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Just think...if it was a Savage he coulda done it blindfolded!
Blind folded.......No.

Non dominant eye, and pulling the trigger with a big toe........YES!!!!!! :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

huntin1, way to go blowing my older guy OMG theory out of the water! :lol:
And since when do you shoot 30-06, I thought it was all .308 for you???? Lacklusterd, I mean blacklisterd probably knows waaaayyyyy more about shooting the 30-06 than any of us. 155gr, 168gr, 180gr and even 210gr, he KNOWS his rifle is good to 400yds. That must be the MAX range of the Rem 700 30-06. I bet a Savage can throw em farther and for less money!!!! :poke:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Very true, I'm a .308 guy all the way, don't need no stinkin '06'. And you're probably right, 400 would be about the max range for a remmy, Savage can definitely do it better. ;)

Sorry to blow your old guy theory.

Hathcock didn't need no rifle, he could just think his boolits to the target. The Force was strong with him. :)

And Csquared, I am typing this on my phone, sitting in the car, waiting on the wife. Ha!

Huntin1

·
Registered
2 Posts
SgtCountry said:
That is all very true. What I would like to know is what is the maximum effective range of the model 700 Remington 30-06 minus the human factor. For example the M16 A4 service rifle has a maxumum effective range of 550 yards on anoint target and 800 yards on a area target. I can continually put 5.56 round in a silhouette's head at 500 yard with open sights I know because I got in trouble for on the range in Marine Corps boot can. This said I believe that my range on my 30-06 should be equal or really greater than that when the scope is added. So if anyone actually knows the rifles range please help me out. Thanks
You aren't the only one that went 10 for 10 at 500 yard in boot camp. I also went 10-10 at the 500. I went thru in boot in 2000 and only dropped 2 rounds on qual day. If I was a grunt I would of tried to get scout/sniper but I was a combat engineer, but i've been wondering the same thing. I just got me a Mossberg 30-06 and also got me a 10-40x50 scope to put on it. Can't wait to go out and get it sighted in. I'm gonna sight it in either at 200 or 300 yards

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Do not forget the cheapest factory ammo you can buy.

When Chuck Norris was born, he immediately had sex with the first nurse he saw. He was her first. She was his third. That afternoon.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
c^2, I've got to say, i think he wins that distinction. Not exactly the best distinction either. someone has a slight aggression toward others. ;)

sav260, you know what they say about big feet, big socks.

xdeano

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well taddy,,, I could have sworn you were a troll by your initial post. They do drop their piles here from time to time.
My only defense is that I recently step into one which possibly accounts for my smart *** comment. :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I will only offer this video of one of my two 30-06 caliber rifles as the REBUTTAL for some of the posts that do not deserve any credit for being posted at all.

My standard out of the box Remingotn 700 BDL , hunting barrel , shoots accurately and consistently to 550 yards with 175 AMAX Bullets propelled by H 4350...consistent 3 1/2 " groups

My competition SAVAGE shoots out to 1250 yards , accurately...2 " groups at 500 yds...bullet set back .020 off the lands
Video link

It is , as some of you pointed out , up to the shooter to hone not only his loading skills but his shooting skills as well

The person who burns my butt the most often is the talker...not the doer

" Seems like humanity still hasn't figgerd out how to cure stupidity "

41 - 60 of 63 Posts