North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is all very true. What I would like to know is what is the maximum effective range of the model 700 Remington 30-06 minus the human factor. For example the M16 A4 service rifle has a maxumum effective range of 550 yards on anoint target and 800 yards on a area target. I can continually put 5.56 round in a silhouette's head at 500 yard with open sights I know because I got in trouble for on the range in Marine Corps boot can. This said I believe that my range on my 30-06 should be equal or really greater than that when the scope is added. So if anyone actually knows the rifles range please help me out. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I never wanted to be a sniper which is why I'm not one I enjoyed my mos and in boot camp we didn't have the ACOGs that are issued now. I have thought about putting open sights on my rifle but it was a gift from my dad so I'm gonna leave it the way that is was when he gave it to me. Granted I haven't done alot of shooting with a rifle that will hit a target at 500 yards in a while (rounds aren't cheap) I was .5 inches from putting 10 rounds in the standard Marine Corps full body target head that is about the size of mans head at Parrish Island and got yelled at for it. Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did mean parris island typing on an iPad can be a pain. I agreed with people on the size of the targets being basically an out line of Chris Farley. The wind wasn't bad the week we spent on the range in boot not anything like shooting on Pendleton. The shots are easier than you think when your in the prone with that damn prarade sling around you arm like a vise the rifle is VERG stable. I too wasn't infantry I was a comm marine with no desire to be a sniper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts