North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Registration with no title

767 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Carbon Express 
#1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a snowmobile that is a 97, current owner has no title. With a bill of sale will I have any trouble registering this machine? Anyone have any expertise?

#2 ·
Take the BOS into the local NDDOT branch office. Purchased an ATV at a farm auction same circumstance and I don't remember a problem.

#3 ·
Yeah just make sure you have everyone sign and date the BOS. I bought a boat from a guy in Wisconsin this summer that had no title. It took some screwing around, he ended up having to go get the title himself so he could sign it over to me. But in the end, I got it. I guess I'm not sure how it works in ND though. Hopefully it's a little easier.

#5 ·
dogdonthunt said:
its been awhile since I bought a sled but isnt it like a dirtbike... no title but theres a little card that comes with.... not sure on this one like I said its been about ten yrs...... good luck
There is a title for sleds.
Before you complete the sale, have the guy go to MVD branch and order a duplicate title. the have him sign it over to you when it arrives. This will save you some headaches..
And only buy the machine w/o a title if you absolutely trust the guy..
I've seen some scary scenerios with "lost titles".
Liens, Actual owners, (wives divorces etc..)
I cringe thinking about it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.