North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a horrible day yesterday my beautiful young pointer was killed by a car going twice the speed limit down our road.

He was a once in a lifetime dog and I have not felt this much pain since my brother was killed 23 years ago. I've lost dogs to accidents over the last 40 years and its always bad, but I don't think I've ever felt this bad.

So much joy and promise gone in an instant. I am probably eccentric because I really do literally love my dogs all my dogs, good or bad.

Why people are so selfish and cannot treat their neighbors with consideration is something I will never understand, the road I live on is posted 25 MPH and the skid marks are almost 100 feet long how fast must a honda accord go to do that? I've observed this woman driving down our road many times at 50-60 mph and our road has many small children on it and no sidewalks, shes a parent.

I asked her how she would feel if she was picking up her dead child off the street.

Just a terrible event, I blame myself for it and I am just sick.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wow, people like that just don't get it and must think that anything going on in their lives is way more important than anyone else, so they feel the need to be in a rush for no real good reason.

All I can say is i sure hope you recover. Just thinking of losing my best friend sends chills down my spine. I sure hope things look up for you Bobm. I'm sure it's hard as hell. But keep with it and good luck!! I can't imagine.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Sorry to hear that Bob. I watch my very first dog get hit when I was 7. Same thing this person always speeds. Didn't even stop or anythign just kept going.

·
Registered
325 Posts
So sorry to hear that, Bob :(. I hate hearing about when senseless things like this happen. I would have had a very hard time not flying off the handle on this lady.

I'm sure you'll do what I would, lean a little more on your other dogs for comfort. When the time is right, get another pup. I took me 9 months before I was able to get a new pup. Time will heal. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Sorry to hear Bob. Also lost a dog to a car accident this summer, but his time was coming with old age so it wasn't like this.

Cant really find the words right now, I know Id be loss if my younger lab was lost in an accident like this.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Bob,

I'm truly sorry to hear this. As others said, I don't have the words either. I remembering you sharing that pic before and telling of the promise of the dog.

We're here for you...

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
My deepest condolensces Bob.

Words don't do justice.

Ryan

·
Registered
649 Posts
Bob,

I'm so sorry. I rue the day something like that happens to my dogs.

I've got the same situation where I live. Semi-rural...there is a speed limit sign coming in to the development that says 15mph. You wouldn't know it by how fast people drive down this road. The school bus driver and the mail lady are the worst offenders!! I threw a shovel under a concrete truck one morning....

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Oh man I'm so sorry Bob :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
As many others have said, I'm so sorry for your loss. Can't imagine the pain you are feeling. Makes it all the worse that with a little care and consideration it would have been totally avoidable.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Bob, really sorry to read of the loss of your pup. Love ya man. Take good care and I'll see you sometime.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Bob, I as others have stated I feel for you. It is really tough loosing a dog. I also have watched one of my dogs get run over by a car. It is tough.

Let me tell you, I consider you a great friend, and I know alot of others on this site also do. If there is anything we an do let us know. I know for a fact that without your knowledge I would have had a dead dog on my hands many years before she passed.

It is tough loosing great lines like him. I really really really hope you can find another outstanding dog.

MIke

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Bob,

Sorry for your loss, I think about this every time I let the dogs out of the house. Some people just don't have a clue what pain there actions may cause.

sorry.

Todd

1 - 20 of 38 Posts