North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is worth reading in it's entirety if your interested in understanding how we have come to the point in the road we find ourselves now.

Although I would describe our current liberals as Neo-Gramiscian we should understand that although Antonio Gramsci is thought of as the main contributor Karl Marx was also a major player in their philosophy.

I agree completely with the author that both candidates in this presidential election deserve to loose, it's just that one deserves to loose more. I would however expand upon that and say three deserve to loose, as I think perhaps Sarah Palin deserves to win. At least that is my current perspective.

http://www.intellectualconservative.com ... ly-matter/

Political Elections, Cultural Elections, and the Votes that Really Matter
by Selwyn Duke
| View comments | Print This Post
More than a referendum on where we are to go, an election is one on where we've been. It is but a link in a chain, one of a series of turns, and my only task is to try to turn that bus in the best possible direction at the given moment.

To be honest, treating politics isn't my favorite pastime. Sure, like other commentators I do it, but it's not something I can truly sink my teeth into. I'll explain why momentarily.

This election season, my pen has directed many slings and arrows Barack Obama's way. I criticized John McCain, too, but that was during the primaries. Now there is what I perceive to be a clear and present danger in the person of a slick demagogue, so my sights - and my site - are trained in one particular direction. Because of this, however, I sometimes receive emails from disenchanted rightist voters. "What do you have to say about McCain?" some ask. "How is he any better than Obama?"

My feelings toward such respondents vacillate between surliness and sympathy. I understand why they feel the way they do, but they don't understand me. I'm neither a party man nor a doctrinarian. I'm probably at least as dissatisfied with our wanting candidates as those who write me, and I can sum up my reasoning very simply:

Both candidates deserve to lose.

Only, one deserves to lose more.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I don't agree with that, I think McCain is a good choice for us at this time. I have a selfish reason though, my nephew is in Iraq and I don't want him coming home to a country and be treated less than honorable. If an anti-war dude gets in there the soldiers won't be treated with the respect they deserve for serving their country with no concern for politics.

I remember when Viet Nam was ending and the country had been swayed into thinking we shouldn't have been there, our soldiers were not given the respect they had earned fighting for us. So to me it's all about making sure those who gave it all will never be disrespected by our President or our country. The media can stay in hell where they reside!

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I want McCain to win also, even though he is more liberal than I like. He reaches across the isle to often.
I think when the writer said they both deserve to loose, but one deserves to loose more it is the same as many of us have said on here. We are choosing the lesser of two evils.
That said I certainly understand where you are coming from. It's better they were met by us and wished well than the likes of the liberals of the late 1960's and early 1970's who met our soldiers, spit on them, and called them baby killers.
For those of you to young to remember what I am talking about isn't an exaggeration, ask anyone my age. We all remember it.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
i remember it well, and those critical bastards (anti war geeks) have led a guiled life here as well.....whether the war was right or wrong, those critical of our returning vets sacrificed NOTHING!!!! NADA!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.