North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're heading to Wells and Kidder counties this weekend through next week. Did you get that rain you were supposed to get this past weekend? How are the bird numbers around there? I realize we'll have to put on miles scouting once we get there (that's 1/2 the fun!!) but I'm just curious what it's looking like.

Thanks in advance for any input. :beer:

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
How are the bird numbers around there? I realize we'll have to put on miles scouting once we get there (that's 1/2 the fun!!) but I'm just curious what it's looking like
You answered your own question...

Dont expect much info......

Good Luck

·
Registered
442 Posts
We got a lot of rain where I am at probably around 2 1/2 to 3 inches. The rain really helped to fill up the wetlands that were dry before. I am not from wells or kidder county just saying what happened in my area. You will probably have to put on the miles to find birds they have gotten really hard to find these past couple of weeks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
East of highway 2 and near Harvey its gonna be wet, don't take pickups in the field wet. The potholes that were dry in august are now full, overfull, but so are the unharvested soybean and corn fields. Lots of ducks are hiding in flooded corn fields right now, good luck with those.

West of 281 its not as wet, but still pretty muddy after this last shot of rain but there down about 3" from that east of 281.

The birds here aren't new, they've been getting hammered, they have all seen decoys, and and temps are coming up towards the end of the week. No migration! Have fun, your welcome for the positive information.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
water_swater said:
East of highway 2 and near Harvey its gonna be wet, don't take pickups in the field wet. The potholes that were dry in august are now full, overfull, but so are the unharvested soybean and corn fields. Lots of ducks are hiding in flooded corn fields right now, good luck with those.

West of 281 its not as wet, but still pretty muddy after this last shot of rain but there down about 3" from that east of 281.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I've been around long enough and out there enough times to know I'm not looking for hunting spots. I don't expect it and nothing could keep us home. I've just been hearing and reading different stories on how wet/dry things are so I was just a bit curious what we are going to find when we get there Friday. Not that it really matters but you know how it gets the last few days before you head out on a trip, you can't think of much else. :sniper: :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.