North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great site lots of helpful info on the state. I would really appreciate a little helpful info on duck and pheasent hunting around Goodrich and Harvey. I am planning on leaving the southern state of KY on OCT 10 or 11 to give an try on pheasents and ducks. This will be my first trip to ND, and not really sure what to expect. I do know one thing seems like all the NR are trailing a boat, we are not planning on it, 22hrs to far to pull. What are the chances of finding a place to hunt, or has this area been tied up by guides. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Me and my lab are looking foward to our first visit.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem finding a place to hunt in that area. I haven't been up there in awhile for spotting roosters, but I know you'll get into them if you head W or SW at least 20-30 miles.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have hunted ducks quite a bit in the Goodrich area. Unfortunately, commercial hunting has hit this area hard over the past two years. There are two lodges in the area, the Sheyenne Valley Lodge and the Cotteau Lodge. The Cotteau Lodge has posted up many of the prime slough south of Goodrich. The Sheyenne Valley Lodge has posted up much of the land north of Goodrich. In fact, I found out just this week that one of the landowners that has let me hunt last few years just signed an agreement with Sheyenne Valley. He felt really bad, but he needed the cash. He told me to call the Lodge if I wanted to hunt. By the way, a 3-day hunt with Sheyenne Valley runs between $1300 and $1900 depending on whether you are in September, October, or November. What a bummer!

There are still a handfull (and I mean handfull) of good spots left in that part of Sheridan County. I was also happy to see a few new PLOTS in that area. However, be prepared to log lots of windshield time. Wish I had better news.

I'm heading up there after work today to take a look around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts