North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would see if I could get some help from the guys in ND, I am coming up to hunt the 18th of Oct. and will be there for 2 wks. I was just wondering how the specks are in central to eastern ND. Should I bring my speck FFD's or not worrie about it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've hunted probably 15-20 days a year for the last 12 years, mostly east of devils lake and still have yet to see a speck. Seems as though you hear that the farther west you go the better your chances are but I think only a couple thousand are shot in ND every year.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, I'm a NR who has hunted ND for 11 years....(42 years waterfowling).
Things I've learned about ND that might help you.
1. These are the best folk in the world. Treat them with value.
2. Do your best to track down the landowner and ask permission to hunt....even though it might not be legally mandated.
3. Never shoot a roost.

I've enjoyed it so much that I built a camp there on a small acreage. Then I gave it to my grandkids. Hopefully we will fill it each fall with family and friends for many years to come.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If any of you know where XXXXX is in eastern nd, surrounding that area you can have a lot of ducks and canadian geese, but the specks are really hard to come by. its actually really cool if you see one once in a while

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If anyone wants to help out the TEXAS boys, I am leaving wed. morning and will be around Fargo on thurs. sometime mid day, I will have 3 dz FFD and 50 RG silos and 1/2 dz BF. pluss layouts and all the trimmings....It would be great to get to hunt with some people from up there. My # is 254-717-2946, I plan on being up in ND for 2 weeks and bringing some GSP's to hunt some upland birds out west as well. Hope to hear from some of y'all.
Allen :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts