North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a problem that is seriously going to hinder my hunting season unless I fix it. I have size 10 Mad Dog Waders, I can get them on fine and my toes have ample amount of room. Yet when I go to take them off its as if my foot is to wide or something. Youth I had to have two people hold me down on the back of the truck while one person bent the toe and pulled on the heel :lol: needless to say, it took about 30 minutes both days to get them off. I CAN NOT have this happen anymore, because I can hunt by myself in 5 days, when I turn 16 and if this happens while im alone it is not going to be pretty. So my question is what can I do to help this? I was considering getting new waders in size 10 stout the only problem with that is it's not like I'm big or maybe that's not what stout means. I don't want to get size 11's because then my feet are going to have TONS of room.

Any help?

·
Registered
18 Posts
my buddys dad has the same problem. what he does is puts a plastic grocery bag or small garbage bags around his feet and ties them at his calf and that seems to do the trick alows your feet to slip in and out easier

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
young_gun33 said:
my buddys dad has the same problem. what he does is puts a plastic grocery bag or small garbage bags around his feet and ties them at his calf and that seems to do the trick alows your feet to slip in and out easier
I'll second this idea. My first thought was KY, but this sounds a lot less messy. :lol:

·
Registered
450 Posts
just buy new ones, can find usually find good deals

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Get some new waders that are a bit big for you, young Jedi. Better to put on a couple set of socks and be able to eject if you go under, than to have them too tight and not be able to get them off when they have about 300# of water in them.

I give this advice from experience, BTW, and it was damned scary... :eek:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
They are probably getting a bit damp inside. Sometimes due to small leaks, condensation or sweat. A polypropolyne or silk sock may help.
the problem with bigger boots is that they may pull your socks off while you are walking in them.

·
Registered
440 Posts
O- :lol: thats good stuff, use plastic bags until you can get bigger waders, if you have really wide feet consider getting the bootless waders as they will be more accomodating... PS the Stout models have the same boots on the feet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts