North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. .I know this is a ND website but this is what is going on in MN (I know blue platers and dont care). But it shows you what is wrong with our gov in general and why inflation, costs, taxes, spending, etc are all way too high.

So I wont bore you with all the article but just a link and a quote.

Negotiations collapse over deal to return part of Minnesota's $10B surplus to taxpayers (msn.com)

But if you didn't know MN has a $10 Billion surplus. So that tells you that TAXES ARE TOO HIGH. So there is a deal in the state leg trying to see "what to do with it". Some has the money going to education (good), Health services (good), and public safety (good).... and then purposed tax cut.

The Majority leader said this is why it "stalled"

In a statement, Senate Majority Leader Jeremy Miller said that Democrats weren't willing to pass the deal without billions more in spending.

"Simply put, Gov. Walz and the House Democrats have different spending priorities than Minnesotans," he said. "After four months of session and four more weeks of discussions, the differences could not be resolved."
So does that say WE ARE WORKING FOR THE PEOPLE???? Think about that... he directly states that Dem's and the Gov have DIFFERENT SPENDING PRIORITIES THAN MINNESOTANS....

Our elected officials... ALL OF THEM have lost touch with the people.

·
Super Moderator
8,506 Posts
You are exactly right Chuck. Taxes to high. Give the money back to all of us here. Not this group and that group. Very disappointing.(n)(n)(n)

Reactions: speckline

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken...

I would even say this.... KEEP THE MONEY THEY GOT NOW.... But lower the tax rate in MN. Then they always have this slush fund.

But what I cant get over is the actual quote by the State Senator. That "Gov Walz and the House Democrats have different spending priorities than MINNESOTANS". That just shows you how out of touch or money hungry these elected officials are. Again this example is talking about Dems and a Dem Gov. But I am sure if it was a Rep Gov and Rep they might be saying the same thing. IE: We are smarter than you and know how to SPEND YOUR MONEY. That is how I am hearing this.

Anyways.

Ken... Hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer as it starts and also staying cool during this humidity.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Font Circle Electric blue Public utility Commemorative plaque

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS. It is the VOTE NOW without reading anything that happens with many bills. Yes committees meet and try to keep people up to speed. BUT NOBODY IS READING THESE BILLS.... they are rubber stamping them.

How is this SERVING THE PEOPLE. When our elected officials are not reading the bills. That is an issue I am having with all elected officials. If congress wants to get the faith of the people back with them. They should enact a policy that no vote can happen unless 48 hours has passed. That gives 2 days for people to read bills and what not. Makes it 2 days before they can vote to "go to war" and what not. It makes things possibly less knee jerk reactions as well.

·
Administrator
19,851 Posts
Terribly irresponsible, but Nancy beat it all with her "we have to pass it to see whats in it". I think they do these things because they know they are going against the will of the people.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plainsman.... You are correct ever since the ACA it seems more and more bills are "too big" to read. I know that I read somewhere that one Congress person or a couple (and it might have been bipartisan) stated they tried to push a bill that required SINGLE ITEM bills unless it was with the budget to be passed. IE: If someone wanted to make a legislative bill on gun control.... it could have "riders" for save the slugs of the prairie attached to it. It just had to be about gun control.

But I believe it got shot down. I also know that many little "pet" projects would never get approved either if this would happen. But I think it would go along way and also could actually get more things accomplished in Congress. Think of how many bills get defeated because of something attached to it. Think of how many times people who are against a bill throw something onto it to get a bill defeated.

Because right now when Congress demands votes and don't give people enough time to read about them.... how is that serving the people. Plus people like to know what is in the bills that our elected officials are voting on. With todays technology and how fast information can be spread. "WE THE PEOPLE" are more informed or can be more informed on what is actually getting voted on. yeah I know we "elect" people to represent us. But like how this thread started with MN Congress Majority leader stated..."we have different spending priorities than Minnesotans". WHAT... that is saying you dont represent spending for Minnesotans... but want to spend Minnesotans money.

Anyways... these rush votes and too big of bills to read are getting way too common and need to be stopped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts