North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,575 Posts
They have always had the power & authority to do this - Yes the Govenor has to sign it - But he should / better keep his nose out of it - after his last foray into something he does not understand. (& for that matter neither does the Legislature)

It is time for the Director to step forward & say & do the right things based on expirence & science & what is best for resident Hunters of ND & our resources - He is not the Director of Tourism - (it would be fine for them to help - BUT they are lost on the real issues too)

COME ON MR HILDEBRAND !!! I will be so impressed & speak your praises. If you show true Leadership - now that most know how this all works & it should not be that political (if it is, let us know & the sh*t will hit the fan, for those that need a ear full)

· Registered
1,575 Posts
I have thought about this alittle - & I hope they are not doing this to try & patch things up or distract from issues (the cynic in me) :roll:

But I see where the USFWS is behind it. & I would like to see a early teal season (alot of states have it) But the rest could wait.

I hate hunting with mosquitoes buzzing me :sad:

- Funny, how slow the wheels turn unless oiled by $$$ Now their cautious :roll: & will study & have meetings on everything, to the opposite extreme.

I wish the format & places, or times of the regional meets could be different ??? - Why does this not work ??? They are pretty boring & hard to sit thru & who wants to drive 50 or 60 miles for that ??? Why can't the G&FD have a Web site & use Ross Perots idea of town hall meetings ??? ( Not that I was a Perot Fan :roll: ) But something else has to be better than these meetings ??? & if the masses don't show, that means the other groups (with connections, or lobbiests, or the ear of the right people) win ??? Maybe these things need to be voted on ??? But is that the best idea - don't we have experts on these things ??? Or maybe they need a few people that understand how to make these things more interesting / Fun ??? Something just ain't right & I can't put my finger on it ??? Is it just apathy ??? Until a nerve is struck - then it takes alot of time for things to settle down ???

Maybe the Regional Reps. do need to be changed ??? nominated & voted on ??? & then trust them to make decisions. The currant bunch are stale - there needs to be turn over & new ideas & different ages represented. How do the water boards work ??? Weed boards ??? etc. Do these folks get on & stay until they retire & move on - or do they have a way of keeping it fresh & invite new good ideas. I do know alot of these boards have those that are smart & respected - but if you speak up & try to change anything - be prepared to be the one to Run with it (which can be a thankless burn out) Or the good ol boys, have ways of loading you down with so much junk - that you get wore down (again burnt out) and eventually fade away. ND is so normal, or even slow on trying new ideas - getting the brightest / best thinkers / doers together is a powerful / energetic thing & sometimes it happens and all contribute & things change & improve ( more of a optimist / futurist / progressive / positive force. I don't see that alot ( but I'm 50) you guys in your 20's & 30's need to get on the stick & make somethings happen ??? One of the worst most boring things in the world is Parlimentary Procedure - Ugh!!! & especially if dominated by older / no change / if it ain't broke don't fix it / status Quo types. Of higher income & totally respectable - but quiet / non brain-storming types ???

Eveyone wants fair & consistant - until it effects them personally - then either (a large percentage) - wants favors, cause they are special & do a good / better than average job - or on the other end of the spectrum, they are always trying to bend, or break all the rules / complain all the time types. Then that quiet, silent middle group that goes with the flow / try to please everyone (middle ground) and nothing gets done - (or changed)- But nothing gets screwed up either. (hopefully) Seems to always end up running things ??? ??? ??? (end - for now - of another Rant) :roll:

[ This Message was edited by: Fetch on 2002-04-16 21:03 ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.