North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a 5 day hunt west of Grand Forks and saw very few birds compared to recent years. It seems the birds were very spread out because of all the flooded fields. During the dryer years I think they are more concentrated at least where we hunt. I still had a great time, hunting with my Son and some really great friends. We met some really great locals too. I would like to thank all the very generous land owners who allow hunters access to their land, especially when it it so wet and could be easily damaged. I hope all hunters on any land are thoughtfull and considerate to land owners so they will continue to grant access.
We did manage to get a few fairly mature birds while there. (top shelf)
I'll be back

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
I'd have to agree...

Sorry about the poor numbers...

Musta sucked.

;)

:beer:

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
If that is poor...I'm heading to Minnesota for waterfowl! :beer:
Congrats on your hunt with your sons!

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Rick Acker said:
If that is poor...I'm heading to Minnesota for waterfowl! :beer:
Congrats on your hunt with your sons!
He said he was west of GF not east. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
O.K. Maybe "poor hunt" was a bad choice for a topic heading. The photos are a bit misleading because they represent a 10 person hunting party on the third day. 60 some ducks and 6 geese. thats about a 2 duck per day average. Some hunters had better luck than others on certain days. I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining but we have seen more ducks and been more selective in other years. We really had a great time and plan to be back again next year.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
goin'green head said:
O.K. Maybe "poor hunt" was a bad choice for a topic heading. The photos are a bit misleading because they represent a 10 person hunting party on the third day. 60 some ducks and 6 geese. thats about a 2 duck per day average. Some hunters had better luck than others on certain days. I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining but we have seen more ducks and been more selective in other years. We really had a great time and plan to be back again next year.
Please tell me i'm reading this wrong and you didn't keep the birds from the first day until the third day before cleaning them :puke:

ps....looks like a pretty good hunt to me also. 10 guys is quite the hunting party, you must have had one heck of a decoy spread.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts