North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
striped1 said:
If this were a democracy I would make a motion to close the polics forum forever.

Would anyone 2nd the motion?

It has become frickin ponderous.
If you don't like it then don't visit it. Do we need to discuss this any further? :poke:

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Spoken like a true irresponsible citizen. MSG where did that get posted, open form? Unbelievable, I don't like it so lets not have it. :eyeroll: I guess for some ignorance is bliss. I would rather argue with a liberal than talk to someone who "doesn't care".

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
he would "make a motion" :roll:

what a dunce.....I have amotion for him and it involves a middle finger :wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Why would you want to close this?There is lots of discussion and I haven't seen a whole lot of name calling.We all have an opinion.And as I said in another thread it is really only rehashing what we believe,since I don't think anyone here will change another's mind.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
I don't think anyone here will change another's mind.
Say it aint so. :D

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
4CurlRedleg said:
KEN W said:
since I don't think anyone here will change another's mind.
I sensed you were tipping right of center Ken. :lol:
I was almost sure we just about had him. :D

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Plainsman and I try very hard to moderate this forum in a even handed way.

Even though we are both conservatives we do our best to keep personal attacks down and welcome opposing liberal viewpoints. I always research stuff to try and keep it interesting and topical.

Sometimes I just get a little tired of those types of comments I guess. If they don't want to discuss politics thats fine, but don't attack the people on here that have an interest in the subject.

No other subject has more impact on your life, yet for so many its a taboo topic. They are blissfully ignorant and uncomfortable when they hear facts that interfere with that bliss.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
I would guess I am just left of center.But that's close enough isn't it? :D

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Yes it is :beer:

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Wel Ryan I was speaking about people that do not want to be aware of politics in any fashion, left right or middle.

So whats your point you think thats a good idea?

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Sorry..yes it was in the open forum.

Some people like to be ignorant. Whether that means already 'knowing everything and there mind is made up' or being a liberal democrat..... :eyeroll:

:D :D :D

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Bobm said:
Wel Ryan I was speaking about people that do not want to be aware of politics in any fashion, left right or middle.

So whats your point you think thats a good idea?
Nope my point is that there are more than a couple folks on here of a conservative persuasion, who do not want anything posted that hurts their delicate sensibilities...

I'm not alone in this assessment, as every single one of the liberal posters on this forum has also either stated the same either publically or to me in a PM.

Sadly not everyone has the ability to understand that multiple viewpoints do indeed exist on issues, so instead of reacting and responding with an intellectually sound argument, they post this tripe.

That is all.. wasn't much of a point.

Carry on..

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
I agree but that cuts both ways the libs do it also and as a mod I have to be neutral and ignore the crying about it from either side.

I do try hard to make the forum fair and interesting and do not allow liberal thoughts expressed here to be censored in anyway ( other than if they are against the site rules).

I get very annoyed at the original posters desire to censor the discussion and thats what his post and this thread is about

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Bobm said:
I agree but that cuts both ways the libs do it also
With all due respect..

bull.

I nor have any other libs on this forum, have PM'd any of the mods or Chris concerning the "unfair" conservative slant of this forum. Rather they leave. We can name at least 5 in the history of this forum, who have left or rarely bother to post, rather than endure the boorishness of some here.

Contrast that to the numerous complaints from the Conservative side.

You know this is true.

Once again.

Bull doo doo.

I'll leave it at that.

I agree let's get back to the original point about censoring the discussion... which is what the original poster is a prime example of my "delicate sensibilities" point.

Lately in the past month, given that the election is so near, and folks are pretty heated both ways, the forum has been decent. I'd like to see it continue this way.

Thanks for steering the ship Bob. I really appreciate it.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts