North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I dont know how many of you are going to be going out hunting cranes this weekend, but th NDGF has to take measurements and collect data on so many cranes every year. We advertise that we would like to have people bring them to the office, uncleaned, but no one ever does. We spend an awful lot of time tracking birds down in the field trying to find enough of them. This is VERY true of the area east of 281, but also true further west. There are many other ways we could spend our time. So I am going to try something a little different.

I dont know how many of you will be hunting cranes this week or weekend, but if you are hunting within 70 miles of Jamestown, and you harvest a couple of preferably mature cranes, please give me a call on my cell. I am going to be out looking for cranes this weekend, and will come and meet you to gather the data. I hope I am overwhelmed by the responce and cant get to all of you. Again, east of highway 281 is the most important, but anywhere near Jamestown. Thanks guys, and good luck this weekend.

Oh yeah, office is 701-253-6487, cell is 701-320-6490. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know Jackie Lundstrom also gathers info out there, but I dont know if anyone else will be out. But during the week they can be brought into the offices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts