North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Robert A. Langager said:
He is currently in Branson, MO, then will be in MT hunting.

He is fine and enjoying retirement.
Was it MT or in the ND Badlands? Either way ... sounds like a rough time. ;)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
He'll be back from MO on Sat. sometime, we leave for the ND Badlands Monday morning. I can hardly wait.

huntin1

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I hope he stays safe and has tons of fun. :D

But back to politics... did Obama register with Selective Service?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
hunter9494 said:
Robert A. Langager said:
He is currently in Branson, MO, then will be in MT hunting.

He is fine and enjoying retirement.
that's right, i remember him mentioning his trip plans now....maybe we can get him to take a laptop with him....lol, lots going on right now!
Yeah, if you can get the cheap old codger to actually BUY a laptop.

huntin1

·
Registered
499 Posts
hunter9494 said:
...maybe we can get him to take a laptop with him....lol, lots going on right now!
Why wish that on the poor guy. I hope he leaves his cell phone off and doesn't listen to the news for a few days also. He deserves the break. :sniper: :D That is what I intend to do next week.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
That's what I like most about going to the badlands, no computer, no cell phone service in most of the places we go, you can find spots here and there, but for the most part no one can get ahold of me until I'm ready to talk to them. 8) :D

huntin1

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LMAO! I've come out here for the past week and a half and this thread has been, for the most part, dead. I came out today to see 31 new flags. That can mean only one thing, welcome back Plainsman. Did you have a good vacation?

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Vacation was great. The fewest deer we have seen in the badlands for ten years. Where we were anyway. There was about eight inches of snow when we got there. Pickups couldn't get down half of the legal trails in the badlands, but the Polaris Ranger floated right over them with no habitat or road damage.
We camped in a heated trailer so we were comfortable. Nights got down to 22 degrees. That kept the rattlesnakes in and got rid of mosquitoes so cold isn't all bad.
Unfortunately the snow was frozen in the morning, and when you can hear deer walking at 100 yards there is no way you can sneak up on them. So we went coyote hunting. I had a rifle in my hand when I seen nice bucks, and a bow in my hand when I seen coyotes at 100 yards. Isn't that the way it goes. We would run back to camp and leave out bows to grab rifles for coyote and see deer on the way to our first calling stand.
We did see one nice buck. They say mule deer have a 22 inch spread of their ears, and he had a good three to four inches past that on each side. We were calling coyotes, and after ten minutes of calling he got up 600 yards above us and slowly walked over the hill.
We did see a few bucks with 20 to 22 inch spreads, but if they aren't nice enough for the wall I might as well shoot a corn fed deer back near home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.