North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, was just going through and deleteing some of my work photo's on the computer (on road you get real bored sittin in a hotel) and thought i would show ya a little bit of what i see every day of being a tower hand. most of these pictures were out in washington and oregon, but a few from around the mid west, texas.. hope you enjoy

·
Registered
450 Posts
those are all very good pictures!!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
fowl_play said:
hey guys, was just going through and deleteing some of my work photo's on the computer (on road you get real bored sittin in a hotel) and thought i would show ya a little bit of what i see every day of being a tower hand. most of these pictures were out in washington and oregon, but a few from around the mid west, texas.. hope you enjoy

Terrific pictures! I had a buddy that did this out in Washington State and he would take pictures too. Awe inspiring!

Is this picture Mt. Rainer or Hood?

Feel free to post as many as you can...I enjoy them greatly!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DeltaBoy said:
Great photos...

Didn't they have a show on TV about a month ago about people working on towers?

Thanks for posting.
yea they did, we actually sub-contracted a sprint tower for them about a year ago. thanks guys for the comments, i'm one of few that cant wait to wake up and get to their jobs, not many can say that. plus gettin 2-3 weeks off at a time, cant beat it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't like heights..............I almost fainted on the one looking straight down............ :eek: How do you guys go that? I'm good friends with tower builders and they've been doing it a long time...........I'd be the ground man though...........

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
So I take it deer stand heights don't bother you!!!!! :oops:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, no way on the deer stands. we actaully got done climbing a tower yesterday, that was just under 1000 ft. and i have a guy that dont like heights eaither, but he knows it's his job and he likes the money and time off so he deals with it. i always tell my new guys, learn to trust your harness, which is rated for 3000 pounds, so there is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
first lightning we see, we're down. it dont take long for everyone to get organized and finished since there is only us 3. as far as wind, if we get up like 100 ft and dont feel safe, we'll get outa there, depending on the tower. some are more flemsy than others. thanks for the comments guys

·
Registered
485 Posts
sweet pictures. i can't help but notice that in the last picture on the leg of the tower you have the bolt in wrong. i build grain leg towers that reach up to 130' in some cases. every bolt needs to be facing down with the nut on the bottom. just in case if the nut ever comes undone the bolt will still be in. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fargojohnson said:
sweet pictures. i can't help but notice that in the last picture on the leg of the tower you have the bolt in wrong. i build grain leg towers that reach up to 130' in some cases. every bolt needs to be facing down with the nut on the bottom. just in case if the nut ever comes undone the bolt will still be in. just my :2cents:
you are right, that is actaully a picture of that very deal. we were doing an inspection after that tower was built and thats some of the faults that we found.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.