North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was out grilling watching the geese fly. A flock of about 40 flew over and went over a field where there are always hunters. Next thing I know I hear about 6 shots. Immediatly I looked at a clock and it was 7:48 P.M. Sunset was at 7:21P.M. tonight. We are not talking about a minute or two, we are talking 27 minutes, seems a little excessive. Should I call the C.O.?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It's too late to do anything about it now.

I'm not trying be a jerk here but this is something you really shouldn't have to ask on a forum. Did they break the law? Yes. Whether or not you want to turn them in is your call.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Is your house is by pelican lake?, i reported a group of hunters out there last year that were shooting a half hour past shooting hours... :eyeroll: Somebody needs to do something!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I am not far from Pelican, the shooting is in the vicinity. I agree that something needs to be done. People like this make me mad, they think they are above the law. I guess the best thing to do is do my part and follow the rules and be a responsible sportsman.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.........You should have definately called them in.

·
Administrator
2,907 Posts
Matt Jones said:
It's too late to do anything about it now.

I'm not trying be a jerk here but this is something you really shouldn't have to ask on a forum. Did they break the law? Yes. Whether or not you want to turn them in is your call.
I am with Matt. It is not a couple of minutes where you give someone the benefit of the doubt, that was flagrant.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Even if it was the next day that you called them in atleast that would bring the CO to pay closer attention to that area. Hopefully leading to someone getting caught. Something said is better than nothing.

:2cents:

Sean

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would either turn them in or say something to the land owner. That may be worse than turning them in. If the landowner cares at all they might not let them hunt in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.