North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When buying stuff from someone on the classifieds how do you guys sugest i do the transaction so I know i wont get my money taken without ever recieving the product. I am sure most people on the site are honest people but i just don't want to lose out if i run into a bad one. How do you all suggest doing the transaction if it is being shipped.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I sell stuff online and occasionally buy sight unseen and for purchases from individuals I stick with Paypal invoice paid by a Credit Card with buyer protection.

First don't buy from someone who does not appear to have a "history" of some sorts. Someone who just logged on today and is trying to sell a 750$ item probably isn't a safe bet but a long time member with many posts and maybe some past sales through classifieds might be more trustworthy.

Paypal invoices can be sent via email, no one other than Paypal gets your payment information and there is a level of buyer protection involved. For me I get 100% coverage for online purchases by using my credit card so if I don't get my product I call Master Card and do a chargeback.

As a seller when I ship items to people I use Post tracking and signature on delivery to combat fraudulent charge back claims - though I have never had to use it on straight Paypal invoices (did use them for Ebay aka Feebay claims though)

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts