North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been a lot of talk about patternmaster chokes but I was wondering if these chokes can be effective with 3" shells and 3 1/2" shells. I read a post from a guy on a different site that said he was getting rid of his patternmaster because he was going to start shooting 3" shells. Also I was wondering if these chokes should only be used with shells like BBB, BB, T or can they be used with 2 and 4 shot also. I would just like some opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
The extended range is for all length of shells. The long range is for 3 inch or shorter shells. You can shoot 3 1/2" shells out of a long range choke but it won't have perfect results.

To what I know, you can shot anything but blackcloud out of it. For waterfowl I shoot 3's - bb with great results.

I got a extended range and love it. good luck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Cuddy,

If you want information about patternmasters themsleves read their site. I'm not sure the information above is entirely correct. Some people are going to tell you they are a waste of money, some people will tell you they love them. Buy one and try it, if you don't like it someone will buy it off you.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
ive shot everything from 2 3/4" 8's to 3.5" 00 buck through my patternmaster. everything ive patterned through it has been at least as good as my factory mod, most loads better, especially federal 3" 1's. super x2 3.5" 26" barrel patternmaster extended ported choke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.