North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned this a few weeks ago, and it still is true today...

Sarah Palin won't hold press conferences. Says the Washington Post…

John McCAIN selected Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate 23 days ago.

Since then, Ms. Palin has not held a single news conference with the national media.

She has answered only a handful of questions from voters and reporters….

Mr. McCain's selection of an inexperienced and relatively unknown figure was unsettling, and the campaign's decision to keep her sequestered from serious interchanges with reporters and voters serves only to deepen the unease.

Mr. McCain is entitled to choose the person he thinks would be best for the job. He is not entitled to keep the public from being able to make an informed assessment of that judgment. Ms. Palin's speech-making skills are impressive, but the more she repeats the same stump speech lines, the queasier we get.

Nor have her answers to the gentle questioning she has encountered provided any confidence that Ms. Palin has a grasp of the issues.
Sullivanalso has some interesting thoughts on the same topic…

There are only a few weeks to go before the United States may pick a potential president who has never given a press conference as a candidate for national office. This is not a functioning democracy.
Have you all really sat and considered, that other than her VP speech at the convention, and her semi-scripted sit down news interviews with a few hand "cherry" picked folks, that we basically have NEVER heard he speak?

Ever?

Consider that for a few moments. Do you REALLY know anything about her other than what you've read?

It is shocking to consider that we are about to potentially elect someone that you all REALLY know NOTHING about.

Think about that.

As I heard a friend say at lunch today...

It's time for the Dems (or the press corps!) to arrange to have a woman in a chicken suit follow Palin everywhere until she gives interviews to the press. If the chicken has to wear lipstick to avoid charges of sexism, so be it
You all know that if Palin were a Democrat and ducking the press, the faithful "Young Republicans" at some college would be in chicken suits and swarming all over her events carrying signs that said "What the Cluck is Sarah Hiding?" and "Chicken Run!"

:lol:

You have to know that either the Palin ticket or her handlers are scared shiitless about something.

What are they hiding? If it doesn't have your suspicions raised yet.

It should.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts

It should.
Sorry, I'm a little more stable than that. I would guess it has something to do with their strategy. We will have plenty of time to learn during the debates. Rumors don't get me excited. I may be old but I still have a Y chromosome. :D

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plainsman said:

It should.
Sorry, I'm a little more stable than that. I would guess it has something to do with their strategy. We will have plenty of time to learn during the debates. Rumors don't get me excited. I may be old but I still have a Y chromosome. :D
Raising your suspicions has nothing to do with stability. People want to understand just who this person is...

Strategy? So keeping her away from the electorate is "strategy"?

I see. Great strategy. Confuse the voters. Let them get all worked up over hype and hope. Don't let the voters listen to her at all.

Hmmm....

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The full Post article:

Hiding in Plain Sight
Why is Sarah Palin granting so few interviews?
Sunday, September 21, 2008

John McCain selected Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate 23 days ago. Since then, Ms. Palin has not held a single news conference with the national media. She has answered only a handful of questions from voters and reporters. She sat down for a lengthy discussion with one nonpartisan interviewer, ABC's Charles Gibson, and granted another interview to conservative Sean Hannity of Fox News, as well as a sit-down with People magazine and some interviews with Alaska media. Where Dick Cheney made the rounds of five news shows the weekend after he was tapped by George W. Bush, Ms. Palin has not turned up on a single Sunday program.

Mr. McCain's selection of an inexperienced and relatively unknown figure was unsettling, and the campaign's decision to keep her sequestered from serious interchanges with reporters and voters serves only to deepen the unease. Mr. McCain is entitled to choose the person he thinks would be best for the job.

He is not entitled to keep the public from being able to make an informed assessment of that judgment. Ms. Palin's speech-making skills are impressive, but the more she repeats the same stump speech lines, the queasier we get. Nor have her answers to the gentle questioning she has encountered provided any confidence that Ms. Palin has a grasp of the issues.

"Retreat is defeat in Iraq," as she told Mr. Hannity, is a slogan, not a vision for how to proceed. On Russia, Ms. Palin said, "What we have got to commit to also, especially when we talk to Russia -- no Cold War. We have got to know that our mind-set needs to be opportunity for pressure and diplomacy and sanctions if need be as we keep our eye on a country like Russia."

What sanctions does Ms. Palin have in mind?

Her answers on issues of domestic policy were hardly more reassuring. Asked what was behind the financial meltdown, Ms. Palin cited "the corruption on Wall Street," with no explanation of what corruption she was referring to. Asked whether the government had made the right call in bailing out Fannie Mae and AIG, Ms. Palin floundered: "Well, you know, first, Fannie and Freddie, different because quasi-government agencies there where government had to step in because the adverse impacts all across our nation, especially with homeowners, is just too impacting. We had to step in there. I do not like the idea, though, of taxpayers being used to bail out these corporations. Today, with AIG, important call there, though, because of the construction bonds and the insurance carrier duties of AIG. But, first and foremost, taxpayers cannot be looked to as the bailout, as the solution to the problems on Wall Street."

Meanwhile, Mr. McCain, who once referred to the media as his base, has himself become inaccessible. He promised to hold weekly news conferences as president but has not held a news conference as a candidate in more than a month.

A candidate who stiffs the media on the campaign trail isn't likely to perform better once in office.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
A candidate who stiffs the media on the campaign trail isn't likely to perform better once in office.
Good for her, I would stiff them too. Once in office keep the fools in the dark. I remember the incompetent idiots on the landing with their lights on (in Somalia). The media is a disgrace.

The media has become so bias that we have to get our news other ways. Thank God for talk radio, the internet, and FOX news.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I agree..

She is a yawner..

The truth of this story hurts. I've noticed that noone can challenge the validity of the story.

The obviousness of the facts, and what it implies stands on it's own merit.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
At the risk of butting in, consider this. Her entire family was vilified.....unjustly, by those very people she doesn't want to engage right now, and it was all before any of them knew what they were talking about.

Not the kind of welcome you would expect to be received warmly :wink:

I would guess all of us here would refuse a free teeth cleaning...if we had already figured out the dentist did it with a cold chisel and a hammer ! :eek:

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Csquared said:
At the risk of butting in, consider this. Her entire family was vilified.....unjustly, by those very people she doesn't want to engage right now, and it was all before any of them knew what they were talking about.

Not the kind of welcome you would expect to be received warmly :wink:

I would guess all of us here would refuse a free teeth cleaning...if we had already figured out the dentist did it with a cold chisel and a hammer ! :eek:
Just ignore H20 since he seems to come here and not discuss topics, but rather attack others. Talk about trolling himself...

CSquared I agree there is definitely something to that. There was a huge push to learn about her because she was the great "unknown" out of nowhere.

I can see how the crush had to be gi-normous in nature....

But all one needs to do is go look at what VP Cheney did his first 3 weeks after his nomination. He too was jumped on by the media, but he went and appeared at numerous talk shows, Sunday morning news programs, etc...

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bgunit68 said:
Bgunit68 said:
It's funny how some posts just disappear. Where nothing harmful was said. Hmmm, I wonder who might have removed them.
Hey Mark

There's more going on there...

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Bgunit68 said:
It's funny how some posts just disappear. Where nothing harmful was said. Hmmm, I wonder who might have removed them.
I am going to start removing any and all personal attacks between forum members if you guys can't make your points without attacking each other personally get out of this forum.

This type af stuff drives away decent discussion and debases the forum

Stop it

·
Registered
644 Posts
My reply was a joke. You leave what initiated the response but you took that one off. I have never attacked anyone. I enjoy coming on here but that was uncalled for. For the most part I come on pretty regularly and read this stuff, I'll add a joke or two at times. You leave the part calling some one a troll. But you take off a person asking what does that make you and my response (which I thought was rather funny). I could see if you took it all off but that was uncalled for.
I've never attacked Ryan. I disagree with on a lot him but you can still respect some one and their opinion. He adds a little life to this forum. I just disagree with what you choose to delete. Especially after reading a lot of the other crap on here. Almost every thread has someone attacking in one way or another.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Bobm said:
I am going to start removing any and all personal attacks between forum members if you guys can't make your points without attacking each other personally get out of this forum.

This type af stuff drives away decent discussion and debases the forum

Stop it
And this is inflammatory against me. It looks as if I was the aggressor.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Jesus Christ is there a full moon or what??

I wasn't attacking you or anyone else you asked a question about posts dissappearing and I wanted to make it clear to everyone that Me and not Ryan edited the post above.

If I missed something that should of been removed it was accident not bias I dont have a dog in the spat between H20 and Ryan but I am the politics moderator and I have to draw the line somewhere.

This is a tough forum to moderate because its always confrontational and I have to try to do it fairly and without bias and without censoring people.

The rules are clear and my post should of said I meant everyone not anyone in particular

·
Registered
644 Posts
Bob, I didn't mean to snap. But the two responses you took off were harmless in my opinion and you left the one that called Ryan a troll. Hey, when I having a bad day at work or it's just way to hectic this forum is my "go to place" (pretty scary huh?). I really enjoy everyone out here. I come out here for info and a few good jokes. I really value Plainsman's views. I'm pretty set in my ways but he actually said something that completely changed my views on things. I'm sorry if I seem like I was attacking you and Ryan I apologize for thinking it was you. It must be because I'm just pi$$ed I live in the liberal state on NY. Hell, I work with a guy who stopped his subscription to the NY Times because he felt it was too conservative. But for the most part I just don't want anyone to think I was the aggressor.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Bob hasn't been real active on here as of late, but he is a very level headed guy. I know if something was missed it was not intentional. No one is blaming anyone now so lets all cool off before any shots are taken from the hip, and that was truly aimed at no one. I only wish the best for all of you so lets all of us ( us includes me) calm down. I'm going out and shoot my longbow now, then go to the nursing home to see and old friend. Have a good afternoon everyone.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
It must be because I'm just pi$$ed I live in the liberal state on NY. Hell, I work with a guy who stopped his subscription to the NY Times because he felt it was too conservative. But for the most part I just don't want anyone to think I was the aggressor.
No harm, I laughed outloud when I read that NY times thing, no matter how bad you might think you have it someone else is always worse off.

:beer:

I'm miserable also I want to be in ND following my pointers :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts