North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone on here said that conservatives are over confident. I don't know what planet that person is from, but I have seen no over confident conservatives. Most of us are trying not to consign ourselves to defeat yet. If anyone is over confident it's the liberals, especially Obama.

Election Night In Grant Park: Construction Begins
City Vows To Bill Obama Campaign For Estimated $2 Million In Costs Associated With Outdoor Bash
CHICAGO (CBS) ― Election Day is less than two weeks away, and Chicago could be home to the biggest political party in the country. Construction is underway for a massive stage in Grant Park where Barack Obama could declare victory on election night.

As CBS 2's Joanie Lum and Political Editor Mike Flannery report, tens of thousands are expected to gather before the stage on election night. One way or another, that huge crowd will witness history.

The city announced Thursday that the total estimated costs for securing Grant Park, surrounding buildings, streets and manhole covers and adding extra security on buses will be $2 million. The Obama campaign will be billed in full for the costs.

When asked whether he considered rejecting the outdoor rally, Mayor Daley said, "Could you see me saying no to Sen. Obama? Give me a break. I'm not that dumb."

The Obama campaign earlier promised that Chicago taxpayers will not have to foot the bill for police, fire and medical services that will be required for election night.

Nov. 5, 1996, was actually the last election night when both major party candidates spoke publicly. In the close elections of 2000 and 2004, that did not happen. But this year, that may change, and preparations to accommodate a big crowd in Grant Park are already underway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts