North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well it was a great way to start off the new regular waterfowl season!

6 man limit of honkers
12 ducks
ONE BAND!!!!!finally a band is shot in the spread im in!!! nobody knows for sure who shot it so we drew straws...It was a gimme i wouldnt get it :cry:

I also took a couple action pictures that are nothing special...just thought i would try it out....

We already had our limit when this picture was taken...might of been a nice action shot if we hadnt had the limit...

Favorite picture! I didnt think this goose was just gonna paperplate the spread...i thought it would be a normal landing that you usually see so i just wanted to take a picture instead...wish i woulda put it on video..

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you guys are actually being serious...and seriously think that is a band...I am like the most unlucky goose hunter ever...especially if we wouldnt of killed a banded bird today...and shot that bird with the camera instead of the benelli...its going to bother me for the rest of the year now...i might have to hit up that field in the morning before school now...

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I printed the pic off, and put it under a microscope. It says $500 reward. I guess I have never seen one of those before. I could only read part of it, but it said banded in the White House Lawn.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
mshutt said:
If you guys are actually being serious...and seriously think that is a band...I am like the most unlucky goose hunter ever...especially if we wouldnt of killed a banded bird today...and shot that bird with the camera instead of the benelli...its going to bother me for the rest of the year now...i might have to hit up that field in the morning before school now...
Bahaha! Nice luck buddy. Wait forever to shoot a banded bird and then it turns out to be the one you shoot with the camera. Sounds about right :D

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Was the band you shot on a duck or goose? Just curious.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
goose band...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hunt4P&Y said:
I printed the pic off, and put it under a microscope. It says $500 reward. I guess I have never seen one of those before. I could only read part of it, but it said banded in the White House Lawn.
You think ole George W. put it on himself? I do cause the band its upside down...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts