North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we conservatives more often play defense lately perhaps some liberals could come on and tell us about Obama's associations with people. They are looking a lot closer at Bill Ayers.
I don't know about you folks, but this bothers me a lot more than how many houses or cars McCain has. I also don't care what kind of lipstick Sarah Palin wears, or if she dyes her hair.
Hint, hint, can we talk about something important???? After all this isn't for president of the third grade class.

Candidate Watch
Obama's 'Weatherman' Connection
"William Ayers, in the age of terrorism, will be Barack Obama's Willie Horton."
--Former counterterrorism official Larry C. Johnson, The Huffington Post, Feb. 16, 2008.

There has been a sudden spate of blog items and newspaper articles, mainly in the British press, linking Barack Obama to a former member of the radical Weather Underground Organization that claimed responsibility for a dozen bombings between 1970 and 1974. The former Weatherman, William Ayers, now holds the position of distinguished professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago. Although never convicted of any crime, he told the New York Times in September 2001, "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough."

Both Obama and Ayers were members of the board of an anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 1999 and 2002. In addition, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate in April 2001, as reported here. They lived within a few blocks of each other in the trendy Hyde Park section of Chicago, and moved in the same liberal-progressive circles.

Is there anything here that raises questions about Obama's judgment or is this just another example of guilt by association?
I can't believe these liberals in a glass house with Obama are dumb enough to throw rocks at Palin. :D Anyone have another rock to throw at Obama?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Another rock to throw ...

How about Obama has never won an election against competition.

He ran un-opposed for his seat in the Illinois State Senate.

Then ran against a quickly scrounged up opponent (Alan Keyes) for the U.S. Senate seat for Illinois after his intial opponent was set by the wayside due to alligations involving his divorce.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I think the mob guy Rizzo or what ever his name is will come up again.

Didn't he take money to help buy his million plus house?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Ah here it is.................... Tony Rezko.

The convicted felon is Tony Rezko, who played a role in helping Obama expand the $1.65 million mansion Obama purchased $300,000 below the list price on Chicago's South Side in 2005. Rezko's wife, Rita, coincidentally purchased land adjacent to the Obama's property on the same day, at the full list price, and later sold a parcel of it to the Obama's which made the Obama's yard bigger.

Before Obama bought the house he had assisted Rezko in securing millions of tax dollars for housing developments as an Illinois state legislator.

Rezko was convicted on 16 of 24 federal corruption counts earlier this year. The charges were unrelated to Obama, but drew attention to Obama's cozy relationship with the felon.

Over the Fourth of July Weekend, the Washington Post revealed Obama had also secured a reduced mortgage for the same home, on top of the Rezko's discount, saving him more than $300 a month in mortgage payments. "Shortly after joining the U.S. Senate and while enjoying a surge in income, Barack Obama bought a $1.65 million restored Georgian mansion in an upscale Chicago neighborhood. To finance the purchase, he secured a $1.32 million loan from Northern Trust in Illinois. The freshman Democratic senator received a discount. He locked in an interest rate of 5.625 percent on the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage, below the average for such loans at the time in Chicago," Post reporter Joe Stephens wrote.

Obama's ties to shady mortgage deals extend beyond his own home, too.

Obama's vice presidential "vetter" Jim Johnson, a former Fannie Mae CEO, also received a discount mortgage. Johnson was dismissed from the Obama campaign after details of his sweetheart mortgage deal were revealed to the public.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
And here is more................

Thursday, August 21, 2008
Obama and Rezko outside the house deal

David Freddeso:

After Rezko's 2006 indictment on unrelated federal corruption charges, Obama denied unequivocally that he'd ever helped the man: "I've never done any favors for him."

That's simply false. Rezko was a genius of corporate welfare who enriched himself at taxpayers' expense, both legally and illegally, via his multiple political connections. Yes, he went to others for the illegal deals that landed him in prison. But Rezko depended on Obama when he wanted legal access to the state treasury. The arrangement was a far cry from Obama's image of "change and hope."

It's impossible to know Obama's motives. But several of his official acts benefited Rezko, who in turn raised some $250,000 for Obama's campaigns.

In October 1998, Obama wrote city and state officials, urging them to give Rezko $14 million to build an apartment complex outside of Obama's state Senate district. The Chicago Sun-Times noted last year that Obama's request included $855,000 in "development fees" for Rezko and for another developer, Allison Davis, who happened to be Obama's old law-firm boss. Obama's spokesman said it was just a coincidence that the state senator wrote letters to obtain millions of dollars for his two longtime friends.

In fact, Obama was a dependable ally of subsidized developers in the Legislature, giving Rezko and others broader help as well. In "The Case Against Barack Obama," I identify and parse six housing bills with which Obama was closely involved. A few examples:

* In 2001, Obama cosponsored a bill allowing developers to sell state tax credits to others and pocket half of the proceeds.

* In 2002 and 2004, he was chief cosponsor of a bill to authorize a rent-subsidy fund giving "grants . . . directly to developers" of low-income housing. Seventy percent of the money was earmarked for the Chicago area.

* Obama cosponsored the Illinois Housing Initiative Act of 2003, which required the governor to develop a plan for more low-income housing and "provide[d] for funding for housing construction and rehabilitation and supportive services."

* In 2003, Obama voted for the Affordable Housing Planning and Appeal Act, which required Illinois municipalities to make 10 percent of their housing units "affordable" (by definition, this included subsidized housing). This forced 46 communities just outside of Chicago to create more than 7,000 new "affordable" units - a huge boost in demand for area developers. The bill also provided loopholes for developers to circumvent local ordinances and regulations.

After voting for this measure (it passed narrowly), Obama then cosponsored a new bill that moved up its implementation by more than a year.

Then there was Rezko's proposed deal in Iraq. From 2004 until October of 2006 Obama supported US policy in Iraq while Rezko was trying to do a deal with the Iraq government. When that fell through in October of 2006 Obama became a supporter of the MoveOn position.

I am not sure why this aspect of the relationship has received so little attention, but it definitely needs more. Obama skips over his 2004 to 2006 position when talking about Iraq. He jumps from his 2002 speech to his late 2006 position and never mentions the Rezko influence on his interim position.

Isn't it kind of funny how the media has descended on Alaska to see if Gov. Palin has any skeletons yet refuse to pick up any of the skeletons lying around on Sen. Obama. This article highlights a big weakness of Sen. Obama. It's not that he doesn't have a record it's just that the one he has proves he is not effective at creating or leading any form of positive change.

Why is that nobody is asking to speak with his constituents. I mean if he is a change agent where are the previous examples of how he led that change and how it positively effect the people he served?

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Johnson was dismissed from the Obama campaign after details of his sweetheart mortgage deal were revealed to the public.
You mean he threw him under the buss? Say it aint so. I'll bet Obama didn't know anything about this guy. Right liberals? :rollin: Have another sip of the :koolaid: yummmmm cyanide.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
And you guys talk about me grasping at straws???????

:lol:

Let's see.. all the Obama campaign would need to say is "At least the Obamas had to secure a mortgage to buy a home", you know... after they scraped by to pay off their other debts so they could afford to move to a nicer neighborhood, and get a piece of the American Dream.

Contrast that with his opponent. Has he every needed to pay down a mortgage?

Riigghhhtttt...

Offense. Uh huh..

Quick someone alert the McCain campaign so that they can discuss this at the upcoming debate! They might forget!

Anyone here really wonder if they'd want to rehash that given all the other issues dominating the campaign trail?

Anyone?

I think they'd be laughed out of the debate folks. This presidential race is onto bigger more important things than someone trying to rehash a deal done to save a 1% on a guy's mortgage.

Meanwhile we'll keep discussing the economy, TrooperGate, Fuzzy memory's, a continuation of Bush policies, and energy.

But hey... distract away ;) I'm sure those undecided voters care about your "offense" topics...

:thumb:

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they'd be laughed out of the debate folks.
Of course they wouldn't bring that up in a debate, but it's something good for the FBI to look into. I mean it's a legal matter and could be prosecuted. It would be just another case of corruption against Rezko, and maybe Obama.

These are important things Ryan, by contrast to how many cars they have. It's legal to own many cars.

Obama has a lot of sleazy friends and dirt rubs off. I just wonder which way it rubs and who is the dirtiest. The fact that he is friends with known terrorists could be in the debate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.