North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hunting group is leaving for North Dakota on Mon. Nov 3rd
I have only been there once and i was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how bird numbers are looking for the state and how we should go about tryin to get some birds.

I am from central MN and our season has been so poor that this trip needs to be a success.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mnbirdhunter said:
And they keep pouring in!

I can guarantee that if you drive around you will find birds.
God i hope so...

We have 6 doz ffd Honkers
4 doz. FB mallards

we would love to kill some snows also but all we have is 300 texas rags
Are they even worth puttin in the trailer or are they just a waste of space?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I read your post about 300 goose rags. Honestly I would nto waste my time with them but that is up to you. Depending on where you are going there are some geese. If people tell you there are tons, they are lying. Is also is up to interpretation. I live near Devils Lake and yes there are ducks, btu we lost a bunch in the wind and cold. The only migration we have had is losing a bunch of ducks due to pressure and now ice as well as gained snow geese. Rather than me ramble on, shoot me a PM if you would like more information and I will tell you what I see honestly. Hope to hear from you. Take care.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sasha and Abby said:
Just do what we all do... get in your own car and go scout.
I was just wondering where to start as far as where to stay!!!

I am not trying to start a fight or use anybody else to to my dirty work but I don't appreciate that comment.

Thanks to all who had constructive comments and you can bet that i have no problem puttin on miles to find birds...

thanks again,
Derek

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
If you don't have hotel reservations in place already you might be hard pressed to find a bed. Out this weekend and your fellow blue platers are everywhere!

Plenty of birds around and corn is starting to come down pretty fast in the past couple days and the birds are mainly feeding in the soybean fields so good luck with concealment but now with the corn coming down that should help quite a bit. I think you'll have some great hunting. Look at some google maps and turn the aerials on and look for a large number of bigger waters and start driving around. You'll find birds. This weekend we also seen quite a few snows as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts