North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hunting partner and I will be making our way out to NoDak for our 3rd consecutive year on Thursday. As always, looking forward to the experience and opportunity to hunt the prairie pothole region. Dry or not, we'll still make the most of it, put plenty of miles on the truck I'm sure in search of water. For us, its about the comradery, the sportsmanship, the thrill of hunting somewhere other than the home state... and ok, bagging a few ducks and geese is always nice too.

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable season thus far. According to the weather forecast thus far, it appears I should leave my waders and camo at home and bring my shorts and straw hat and sip on a pina colada instead

8)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I decided to bring the waders and camo afterall. And even though Fridays temp soared in to the 80's and the wind decided to take a break, we still managed to scratch down some birds. Sat was much better, Sun was again too warm and sunny, Mon and Tues were good. Regardless of the weather, its always enjoyable to visit NoDak. NR's who plan to journey out to the pothole region... plan on putting on some miles. The birds are there, but they sure arent going to come to you. You'll get out of it what you put in to it. And be respectful. Ask permission. Dont sit right on top of other hunters. And have a good time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.