1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kissinger: Obama Was Wrong

Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:06 AM

Article Font Size

During Friday night's presidential debate, Barack Obama claimed that one of John McCain's advisers, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, supported his view that the U.S. president should meet with Iran's president and other rogue dictators without preconditions.

The point made McCain livid, as he repeatedly pointed out that Kissinger, his friend of 35 years, would never back such a dangerous position.

McCain turned out to be right.

Kissinger released a statement immediately after the debate. It read:

"Sen. McCain is right. I would not recommend the next president of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the presidential level."

"Look, I'll sit down with anybody, but there's got to be preconditions," McCain said during the debate. He painted Obama's previously stated position as reckless and naive.

you just can't trust NO-bama, NO-way, NO-how......

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
That's no surprise. Kissinger is looked upon as one of our nations greatest negotiators. He was influential in our national policy of not negotiating with terrorists. He was influential in spelling out conditions other leaders must meet before any negotiations can take place. Obama was an outright liar plain and simple.
Oh, that bit about I have a bracelet too. I would liked to have looked at that bracelet close myself. If it was given to him by a mother, it was given to him after McCain received his just so he could play pretend representative of the soldiers mothers. What a crock. If the bracelet was real it was a set up. It's to big of a coincidence for me to swallow that cool-aid.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
I remember Kissinger well from the 1970's. I remember him speaking so often you feel like you know the guy. There is no way Kissinger told Obama that he should meet with anyone without preconditions. It just goes against everything Kissinger thought. The moment Obama said it I knew it could not be correct.

For those of you that don't remember Kissinger, he was someone who's credibility spanned the political spectrum. That's why Obama wants to say he talked with Kissinger, and Kissinger agreed with him. Now from the man with undisputable credibility comes word that he did not say what Obama claims.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Oh, that bit about I have a bracelet too. I would liked to have looked at that bracelet close myself. If it was given to him by a mother, it was given to him after McCain received his just so he could play pretend representative of the soldiers mothers. What a crock. If the bracelet was real it was a set up. It's to big of a coincidence for me to swallow that cool-aid.
Update:

Bracelet Wars*
September 28, 2008 11:34 AM

It was meant as a sign of respect, but now conservatives are saying Sen. Barack Obama's invocation of his "hero bracelet" bearing the name of a fallen soldier is being done against the family's wishes, based on comments made months ago by the soldier's father.

Based on comments the mother of the family gave to the Associated Press today, however, the notion that Obama is wearing the hero bracelet against the wishes of the family -- or more specifically, the mother, who have him the bracelet -- is more complicated that it first seemed. She did ask Obama to stop mentioning her son on the stump, but she approved of the way Obama invoked her son in the debate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Robert A. Langager said:
I guess that is one of the dangers of quoting one on McCain's advisors, the ability to change their story;

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... _no_1.html

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... se.01.html
Thanks for posting this Robert.

This provides a lot of clarity I was looking for. I now have a better understanding of who to believe.

Not sure how the bracelet "war" stuff started coming up. Looks to me like it is a non issue for both parties. They both have them. Time to move on to more important stuff that matters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts