North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have any experience with night scopes? Good brands? tips? sight in procedures? Im currently in the market for one, want a decent one not a afraid to spend the $$$$$. Any info would be great thanks..

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
If your thinking about using it for game, you'd better look at the DNR regs. here in ND we can NOT use them for shooting or sighting game as far as I know.

You'd better double check.

They are spendy. For good ones go with B.E. Meyers. They have very good scopes and goggles. I don't know if they are civilian use though, the one I've shot through was DOD stuff. But if you want a cheap but decent go with an ATN. There are several brands out there, it just depend on what you want.

good luck.

xdeano

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks XDeano,

Are the ATN a good bet? Can they handle .30 cal or larger recoil or are they designed for 5.56 type weapons? Or is this not an issue?

It wont be used any where near north dakota or minnesota, or on any game species for that matter. I travel quite a bit for non game invasive species, ( ie hogs) and have no use for it up here.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
169 Posts
beever trapper said:
Anyone here have any experience with night scopes? Good brands? tips? sight in procedures? Im currently in the market for one, want a decent one not a afraid to spend the $$$$$. Any info would be great thanks..
i wouldnt perchase one....my buddy and i went out 2 weeks ago. he brought his ar-15 which is an olympic arms n he had a night vision scope on it with thermal vision. I didnt think it was all that great....but go for it if ya want, i would just hunt full moons or three quarter moons.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
http://www.nightvision.com/

You may want to check them out. I used a lot of Night vision in the USMC and it is far better than using just your eye and moonlight. I can see very well at night but you have a scope or bino set and it is almost like a green day.

One of my realities has one on a AR-15 with a sound suppressor. I only wish we could use them up here in ND for Coyotes. I would have one. I have gone out many times in the snow and you can really see well but now imagine it as if it was still bright out. I do not know how many shots I have taken with his set up but it is a lot probably well over 500 rds.

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in Germany.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have an ATN Trident, picked it up for $1500 its mid range by thier standards, but awesome for mine! the butcher loves it, and the pigs hate it! sometimes i just sleep in the deer blind and wait for hogs to wake me up rooting under the feeders, it sure helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts