North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still a bit stunned over the 1st round flop (again). I see Tice claims it was Baltimore's fault...but either way the Viks are catching a lot of heat.

How do you feel the Vikings came out of the draft?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I heard a very interesting segment on the Sporting News Radio show last night. The announcer said that it is no secret that McCombs plans on selling the franchise. And in order to keep the payroll down, he doesn't plan on resigning Culpepper at the end of this final year of his contract. According to the announcer, the Vikes may have been planning on drafting Leftwich. And this is why they went over their alloted time. However, the alleged deal with Baltimore fell through, who coincidently wanted Leftwich bad. That is the interesting part, if both teams wanted Leftwich, was there really a deal or did the Vikes get out foxed? Anyway, things got very interesting when Jackson immediately stepped up and grabbed Leftwich at the 8 spot.

Also, they evidently saved a few million in signing bonus money. Who knows if we will ever really hear the truth of the matter.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Onterrio Smith was a steal in the third round. He played high school ball in Sacramento with Donte Stallworth (now of the Saints). Both were unbelievable talents. and each signed to play at the U. of Tennessee. Onterrio had some well publicized disclipine problems prior to transferring to Oregon. His problems undoubtedly made his stock fall in the draft, but he will be a great player for the Vikes.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Most of the "experts" have said that the best drafts were the Vikings and the Bengals. Time will tell. Lets not forget that the Vikings also got what many considered the top inside linebacker in the draft!!!!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I think they got a helluva steal with Henderson, that kid could be good. Smith should be a good player for them too.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
ttt

this is good ttt. thought everyone would enjoy this. good call on EJ. too bad he is out for the yr.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
T Shot said:
I think they got a helluva steal with Henderson, that kid could be good. Smith should be a good player for them too.
Wow, what a great stealing 2nd round draft picks mind
(Common Man style)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
jgat said:
T Shot said:
Wow, what a great stealing 2nd round draft picks mind
(Common Man style)
If they thought I wasn't a great Mel Kiper mind... heh heh... Look at me now! Look at me now!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
T Shot said:
And lets just foget I said anything about Mr. Wizzinator...
HA! Mr. Wizzinator! I forgot about that whole thing!!! Too freaking funny.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts