North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there tried the new chokes patternmaster came out with specifically for shooting Black Cloud Ammo. Have an SBEII and was hoping to get some quick feedback before I buy the choke and a case of shells. Probably be shooting a pile of 3" #3 shot at ducks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If I were you and I was shooting a SBEII I would look really hard at saving money and go with the Carlson choke for black cloud. They run $35 and are a great choke. I switched from patternmaster to them and I am glad because both patternmasters I have own have blown up in my barrel. Trust me, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
i have the patternmaster blackcloud choke on my Benelli Supernova, it shots it alright but the Birley Full extened worked alittle better, the patternmaster get around 88% in a 30inch circle at 30 yards

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about BC from friends. 2 of my buddies swear they will shoot nothing else at quackers. I decided to try some for myself this year. Bought 4 boxes of 3" #3's 1 1/4 oz. Patterned it today, 106/178 within 20 in diameter circle. 161/178 within 30 in diameter circle. 17 outside. I shoot an old 1100 with a mod choke. Haven't shot at a duck with it yet, but I hope it is as good as everyone says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts