North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new McCain web ad. It's funny, but it also works toward lowering expectations for the Democratic VP candidate, which isn't hard to imagine why at this point.

Given that the game is to set candidates up to be perceived as preforming better than anyone expects, is that ad really in the best interest of the McCain campaign? Does he expect that the public should be sympathetic to Palin because "Hey! Biden makes funny statements too!"

This will seriously backfire on him if Biden does well, and Palin gets egg on her face. There is a huge difference between saying something funny or putting a foot in someone's mouth like Biden tends to do, compared to be completely clueless on basic facts that every candidate should know, or even simple things like "What magazines have you read to keep up on politics nationally"

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
this constant criticism I keep hearing about reading magzines and newspapers "to be informed" is a bunch of nonsense. I dont read magazines or newspapers yet I am very well informed.

With the internet, talk radio, cable television and other realtively new mediums, newspapers and magazines are a waste of time and money with little to offer anyone without a parakeet.

Not to mention the newspapers are going out of business and circulations is falling like a rock because journalism schools are liberal training grounds and most people in this country are tired of having their values assaulted by these fools.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Bob,

I love it when you speak :computer: my mind. :wink:

The print media is their own worst enemy :eyeroll:
At my age its only good for the obituary page and I wasn't there this morning :lol:

Go harder young man :run:

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I guess you are supposed to read the outdated rags instead of the internet or other sources. Of course it was the Obama camp that was criticizing McCain for not keeping up with technology wasn't it?

I don't care to spend any money on a newspaper these days myself.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
I don't care to spend any money on a newspaper these days myself.
I guess I still buy one out of habit. It was useful back in the 1950's before Charmin came out. That is still about the only use it has today. :D
NBC, CBS, ABC are about the same, not to mention most of the radio stations. Our news has become so bias that it's less than worthless because they intentionally mislead. There is a reason that the leading talk show is Rush Limbaugh and that FOX news is overtaking all the rest. I know you liberals will go nuts, but Rush has outlasted anything the liberal media has tried, and is gaining every day. People are sick of bias news, and believe it or not the news is just as radical left as Rush is right.

Then there are some of those radical far left outfits like Moveon.org, Salon (sounds like a hair place for gays), and, and, I can't remember, but that fruit cake one Ryan kept going to. The one O"Reilly called a hate site. Daily KOS, COS, something like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts