North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Just got my new SBE2 this fall and love it. I had an old style nova that is 4 years old and think it was getting wore out cuz it wouldn't cycle 3 1/2 inchers very well any more. Love the SBE2 but it is so light be prepared to get whopped when you shoot heavy goose loads.

· Registered
136 Posts
I used to have a nova and it was an awsome gun. the Only time I have had problems with it was with 3 1/2" and that was only because I didnt cycle it far enough. I upgraded to an auto this year. I got the winchester sx3 and I love it. I couldnt justify spending so much on a SBE. I have heard of some people having problems with the SBE and certain kinds of shells. Black Cloud shells I think? But they are a good gun for sure.

· Registered
437 Posts
I've had a Nova for 5 years and shoot almost a case of 3 1/2's a year and never ever no matter what sized shell or how much mud was in my gun, has it jammed. The best $300 i ever spent and I'm never going to buy a a different kind of shotgun IMO its the best. Right up there with reliability and also a great gun I owned before the Nova was the 870. But If a person has the money the SBE is a dang good gun One of if not the best autoloader IMO.

· Registered
332 Posts
I've shot a Benelli SBEI for 8 years and loved it. Never jammed and worked in all conditions. I chose it for the fact that I could use it on pheasant, grouse, ducks, and geese. Since I'm not really a big guy, the weight factor was important if I was going to carry it all day pheasant hunting. Recoil has never been a factor for me, so it's all good. Probably one of the best multi-purpose shotguns one can buy. I used it for trap and sporting clays with no problems at all with light loads.
Now I shoot the Benelli SBEII. It's just as good as the original. I bought my first SBEI right out of high school. People say they are too much money, but the way I look at it, if I'm going to shoot it the the the next 25 years, at $1,300 dollars, that comes to $52 dollars a year. You'll spend more than that in ammunition.
In my opinion, the most intelligent thing to do would be to pick-up a good condition SBEI. That way you are still getting a great gun, but it's much more cost effective.

· Registered
7,615 Posts
Well I have to say if you can spend the money to get a SBE II.....why not get the berreta extrema 2 with the kick off system.

Light gun and with the kick off system you can shoot big goose loads all day long. Have not had any problems with it.

· Registered
19 Posts
I've have a SBEII for four years. Clean it and it will never jam. I would by the best gun you can afford. I had a A 5 hump back since I was 14 , I wore it out and had trouble getting use to a new gun. I bought the SBEII because I didn't want to get use to another gun I hope this one last me the rest of my hunting years. I use it for every thing from doves to snow geese. Hands down the best gun I've run across.

· Registered
286 Posts
waterfowler22 said:
Anyone every try use a Franchi. I hear there a good gun just about as good as the SBE2.
not even close... made in the very same factory as the sbe's but not even close in quality... if you want a knock off, go w/ a stoger..

you can not go wrong w/ a sbeII.. the sbeI i am not fond of.. i have all ready put over a case of steel through my sbeII this year w/o a jam and w/o cleaning..

if you get a sbeII, wipe down w/ a cloth that has a VERY SMALL amount of oil.. shoot til it jams.. then after every 2 cases or so.... most benelli problems are caused by people keeping their guns too clean..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.