North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
How dry is it? Can you did a shallow pit? If so then you could always put a big decoy over you like a carylite 42 incher, if there are dead logs that sunk then you could put those over you as well or make like a little log jam blind or even use a goose chair. You may even get a white sheet, take some of the mud, put mud, water, and white sheet in a 5 gallon bucket. Then you can put that over a layout blind if you have one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice, I do have a couple x-landers and the sheet idea
just might work. Do you think the height of the blind will make much difference? Should I put a couple dozen decoys in tight to them? Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Well if you can find a low spot then that will help. What kind of decoys are you using? I think if you were to put some big foots or some Real Geese around you that would help break you up. Hell its worth a try!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im using real geese decoys (5 doz). Ive used big foot decoys before and feel the real geese work atleast as well if not better. Thanks again for your great advice. You could probably help me out with my next post as well, if you would. thanks

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
DING DING DING Lets get ready tooooooo ruuuuummmmmmblllllllle

Okay I disagree abut the RGs being better than the BFs but if they work better for you then that is good!! Ofcourse they are probably easier to carry across the mudflats. I would say that if you put a bunch around you facing different directions then you should be fine. Also if you have flaging holes will you could hold one over your blind.

Just incase you could not sense it I was only being funny about that lets get ready to rumble!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts