North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has young children and asked me if I could try and remove a cougar from his property. He and his neighbours have seen it a few times. I live in Washington, so hound hunting is illegal... any tips on trying to harvest this cat?

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
This is your second post about this cat. Sounds like he is certain it is living on his property and concerned for his children's safety. Nothing against you, but if I were him I would contact your Game and Fish and see if you have an animal control service available to try to trap it or take it out. If you guys are unsure of how to go about it you would hate for something to happen to one of those kids. If you are going to try to call it in, good luck and I hope you have some success.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Very good question, and the timing is great for me. There has been one spotted in this area a couple times a year for the past 3 or 4 years now. Just last week it was spotted 2 miles from town.

Just last year South Dakota opened up the season to include the area east of the Missouri River. With that said I just yesterday requested an license application from the Game Fish & Parks. Our season opens Jan 1st, so with a whole lot of luck maybe I can get a crack at it. I guess I mainly want to buy the license in case I would happen to call it in while out calling Coyotes.

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.