North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday afternoon, 3:55PM, 4 guys working an a flock of 30 SOB's. We stopped to ask if they were REALLY trying to hunt them. Of course they were until we asked if they wanted us to save them a couple hundred$$. Dark maroon Suburban, yellow Mn plates.

·
Registered
620 Posts
That is the same vehicle and same dumb a$$'s I saw jump the goose and duck roost that just so happen to be on the refuge by Ferry. The things people with do to kill a couple birds.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And what was I going to turn them in for??? Attempting to do something illegal?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I called the RAP and they said they would send someone right away. I stayed for over an hour and watched as the group shot more and more ducks and then drove off without a care in the world. They actually drove right passed the sign the says in bright letters NO Hunitng Wild Life Refuge Area. :puke:

I would have went over and said something to them but what good would have it done

Hey, stop hunting there and they would have replied with OK....and just moved on to the next site.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Minnesotans are no different than people from North Dakota, where all human, we all have to deal with idiots like this. It just seems to me like sometimes people act like nodak residents never bend or break the law. It's like if someone seen this they would just be disappointed, but because there is a mn licsence plate lets let as many people know as we can. Not trying to start a 3 page thread about non-res. vs residents or point fingers, but it seems people are always stereotyping on here(non-resident bashing)...

just venting... and just my :2cents: maybe im wrong...

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is no excuse, I personally painstakingly, almost to the point of paranoia, make sure that I follow all the written and unwritten laws and codes where ever I am. I think it's a personal responsibilty to represent myself, my family and my state in a positive light and absolutely don't want to do anything to jeopardize my integrity to either one of the three. I'm from Minnesota and sometimes a bashing is deserved, like this occasion. I've been harassed just because of my license plate and nothing else before, and that too deserves reprimand. But in this case, the actions are not defensible at all.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
BeekBuster said:
Minnesotans are no different than people from North Dakota, where all human, we all have to deal with idiots like this. It just seems to me like sometimes people act like nodak residents never bend or break the law. It's like if someone seen this they would just be disappointed, but because there is a mn licsence plate lets let as many people know as we can. Not trying to start a 3 page thread about non-res. vs residents or point fingers, but it seems people are always stereotyping on here(non-resident bashing)...

just venting... and just my :2cents: maybe im wrong...
I think there is a difference.But not what you are thinking.NR come here and pay big money for a license,motels,gas,resturant food etc.They sometimes have the attitude that ND owes them birds and great hunting because of all the money they spent.And by God I'm going to get my limit no matter what.

The same is true for NR that go to Minn and fish.By the time they pay for a license and maybe a week at a resort,plus lots of gas money to get there,eat out a few times.....the same attitude emerges.Minn owes them a cooler of fish to take home.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've been here two years and was from MN. The NR bashing does exist on this site and I don't understand why it doesn't stop. This is absolutely a great site, but there are other sites where NR bashing isn't as bad.

I've seen Residents shooting at deer while driving down prairie roads while sitting in my decoys. I've seen locals jump a flooded field of snows - oops I mean a roost. Do I run home and post it on here? Nope - and that's where the problem starts. I'm not helping the cause by replying, but really wish things could change.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
I know, this bashing on the NR's gets real old real fast. You guys don't see me bashing you when you come to MN, do you? I understand that there are always bad apples in every group. But you guys have absolutely no facts backing up that since the NR season opened there are less ducks around. Sure some area's there seem to be less birds, but is it always the NR that push them out of was it the hunting pressure? Or the was it the weather? Did they decide to change roosts? They change roosts in MN, they go from big roosts to little ones back to big ones. I know for a fact that none of them get busted because they are all on private property and that landowners let no one even look at that, because they want hunters to have fun. What makes them change their roost? I have know idea.

I have seen with my two very eye's ND hunters bust roosts, shoot deer outta pickups, take multiple limits, and the list goes on, but do I complain. No.

I think many of you guys complain about NR's because the hunting gets tough and you want to make excuses to other people on why you didn't get your limit. OR just because you see a roost get busted you always assume it was a NR.

This is a great site, but this bashing NR's is getting very annoying.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.