North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
jonesy12 wrote:
I will never mix Snows and Canadas together

you don't get out much in the early fall do you?
Or the spring, I shot snows over 20 dozen honk dekes and a dozen snows and 1 dozen blue shells, we have been setting a few snow dekes out all fall and getting them to commit.

·
Registered
976 Posts
what we tend to see and try to imitate is that the snows and canada's, many of which are usually lessers, are feeding in the same genereal flock. they are seperated within the flock into a main group of can's and a group of snows. then you will usually maybe see a single or a few snows sprinkled in with the can's or vica versa

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
We've been seeing them pretty hodge podge mixed together this weekend. Which is odd, their usually just a bit segregated. One field was like waterfowl goulash, ducks, snows, lessers, and even a few giants all just mixed around.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
From what I have seen they only separate as the flocks start getting bigger. This weekend I saw probably 2 dozen S&Bs intermixed with about 200 Canadas and several similar groupings. They were feeding side by side. Course the Canadas were locals and even our geese are not prejudice in ND.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts