North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who says we have to talk just hunting and fishing. With the forecast looking cold tomorrow I think I'll spend a good part of the day on the couch watching the NFL draft. I am hoping one of the OT's fall to the Vikes, but i am also hoping for Safety Roy Williams. I also heard the Vikes might trade their pick to New Orleans for their 13th and 23rd picks. I say take it we need players. What does everybody think????

[ This Message was edited by: Eric Hustad on 2002-04-19 12:11 ]

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i love a guy that can talk Viking Football!!!
I don't like Haynesworth either. We don't need another head case. I am hoping Harrington gets taken in the top six so the vikes should get an impact player. If both OT's are gone and williams and Jammer go then I would trade with saints and move down a few spots and pick up an extra pick or two....

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would have to say on a needs basis McKinny would be the way to go because tackle is a tough position. I have read where is a great pass blocker, has never allowed a sack, but just average on the run. Daunte needs time and he would be a good pick. I would love williams however because he hits and can take over the field. He is almost linebacker size. I think in June they will sign a free safety and #2 receiver. The team has a lot of holes to fill, but they have been aggressive in free agency. They could be fun to watch....

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ken it sounds like we need to watch a game together. I never miss a game. There have been Sundays where I have made back from hunting a minute before the game. I think they got a great pick in McKinney, and I am glad they didn't get a d-lineman right away because they have a glut of guys already. I was hoping they would trade up to try to get that Buchanon at CB but it was a stretch. It has been a busy weekend with helping with Kindred's prom last night so I need to look at their later picks more closely, but it looks like they really stretched with their picks. I have never actually been to a Vikings game so I need to check one out!!! Fetch?????

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also think Tice will get the job done. I have to admit that I will miss Carters' catches, but won't miss his attitude. You have to give the guy credit for wanting to win. It looks like they are going after WR Alexander. This will give them four deep, but I was hoping they would sign one more safety. i guess we will have to see what happens June first but one more veteran d-back would be great......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.