North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am in college, I have noticed that college force feed every student liberalism. Why is that? We had a speaker in class that was just preaching how great the liberals are I almost walked out. And the sad part is that most of the kid fall into the trap and become liberals. So why do colleges preach Liberalism?

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Money. Why in every election do you think the liberal candidate keeps saying he or she (oops thats only conservatives so far) wants more money for education? They are buying the vote. Every educator who hears it will push for the liberal. It also influences adults with children in school.

It's the same old story ever election. I want more money for:
Education
Farmers
The environment
Health care
The elderly
The young
The restless :D
You get the idea, they try include everyone, and to many people think it's all free. Listen to Obama preach pie in the sky.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NDSU, A speaker we had who is a professor was pushing it and there was/is an Obama Bin Laden booth's. Even when I went to MSCTC we had some professors push it a little bit too.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Ask if you will be tested on it, if they say no well just walk out. If you need go to your advisor and file a complaint.

·
Registered
200 Posts
"look at who is doing the pushing. most of them wouldn't have a job in the real world."

6162 - That's not a correct statement. You can't make a classification like that about 'Liberals".

Colleges will always lean to the left just like the NRA will always lean to the right.

I think you had the right approach blhunter - if you don't like it leave....

If you do stay and listen - you will probably look back 10 years from now and realize you did learn something from listening even if you don't agree...

I know I did...[/quote]

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is no reason that liberals need to dominate our education institutions. But I must admit, their strategy is effective. Many, many years ago, they realized that they could not succeed in convincing adults that liberalism would be the best course for our nation. They knew that it was easier to force liberalism into the minds of our nations young people (usually subtly at first) and teach them to grow into young active liberals. They had to wait to see their intended results, but they've had increasing success with that strategy. Take a look at our education system; sadly liberals have grabbed control and are making no efforts to remain impartial. Unfortunately, many of the conservatives that are in education too often have to watch their every step to avoid coming under attack.
I am thankful though to be in the midwest instead of on the left coast.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Teachers unions, have something to do with it. I'd like to see a teachers union come out in support of a conservative (pretty much unions in general these days). I'm sure there are some that do but not in my area. It's a sad state of affairs but my daughter experiences the same kind of political one-sidedness (is that a word?) in the college she attends. She also only had one teacher in high school that was outspoken for the conservative point of view. They can bring every liberal, marxist, communist speaker in to talk to the students and say they are broadening their minds, but any conservative is met with protest after protest so they never get to express their views. Keep informed and don't back down from challenging your teachers or their guest speakers. Listen, you are their boss, no matter if they want to believe that or not. They are there to educate you, so force them to give both sides of the story.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hey dog, I'm also in the midwest, and try this one on. A relative was a high school guidance counselor, and as such HAD to (that's right, I said HAD to) join the teacher's union...one of the most liberal organizations going. This story was a few years ago, but what do you suppose was in the first magazine he received as a new member?

An article explaining how the union was reinterpreting how the second amendment was going to be "taught" to students, starting in early grade school.

Nice, huh?

I wish we were insulated MUCH more...from BOTH coasts !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
HAD to (that's right, I said HAD to) join the teacher's union...
That is sad. Thankfully I'm not in that situation. But if I understand correctly, in places where you must join the union to hold the job, I think that you can go through a process so that your funds do not go towards political purposes (I think you are given some choice to send that portion of your dues to other organizations.), but I think they make sure that you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do so.
We aren't required to join, but we certainly feel the pressure to. Threats have been given. Also, in our local district the school has a policy in place where only the union can negotiate with the school board. If you're not in the union, you have no power to negotiate your salary, duties, etc.
I have joined a different organization that holds more conservative values and offers nearly the same benefits, with the exception of the ability to negotiate with our board. That organization manages to offer that at somewhere between 20-30% of the cost of the groups affiliated with NEA. That should pretty much tell you about what percentage of NEA members' dues go towards leftist political activism.
An article explaining how the union was reinterpreting how the second amendment was going to be "taught" to students, starting in early grade school.
That's exactly how they operate. I'm thankful for every educator, student, parent, and concerned citizen who stands against it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.