North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I have seen some. The weather looks good to more before the MN opener.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It's been in the 70's and 80's here in Central ND for the last couple weeks; not much is gonna migrate in those conditions.
Wrong... There is some migration goin on

When you see flocks of cacks and snows 2 miles high heading south you know somthing is up, I have seen more snows down this year in aug. than any year before, look out for a hard winter.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I second the migration is trickling report. We saw several migrators this weekend and I saw atleast a half dozen bucks with does... yes I know it is way too early but I would ahve to say that the pre-rut is definately strong right now ... I too believe we are in for a he** of a winter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
SHOT A FEW CACKLERS THIS WEEKEND ON OUR EARLY GOOSE.....THAT IS A LITTLE ODD IN OUR AREA OF THE RIVER. EVEN SAW 6 SNOWS IN WITH A GROUP OF CANADAS.....LET THE MIGRATION BEGIN!!!!! :beer:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
When you see flocks of cacks and snows 2 miles high heading south you know somthing is up, I have seen more snows down this year in aug. than any year before, look out for a hard winter.
I hope so, we need one to get some of the natural cycles back on track. Like some snow melt for the sloughs. Kill off all the small weak deer nobody wants and get it back to the normal breeding cycle. Chase them pheasant's back south where they belong. Hmm what else??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts