North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Its about that time of year again and I have noticed a few guys missing. I thought maybe they were just gone for the summer but I have seen nor heard nothing from guys like SASKCOYOTE and DannyB as well as a few others for quite a while.

I know last year a few guys got shown the door but I didnt think these fellas were among them.

Anybody know what happen to them? Just curious

jaybic

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Yeah you are right haven't seen or heard from those guys in a while. They didn't get the boot. Hopefully when the fur season gets underway we will hear from some of those coyote killing machines!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt go back an check but it seems to me that Saskcoyote was already knocking over coyotes big time and posting quite a bit, becasue I shot my first of the year last year on 29oct and posted the pics cause he got me all fired up with all his good luck and I couldnt take it no mo'

Hope nuttin bad happen to him/them!

Jaybic

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi guys: Yup, haven't been around for a while. Let's just say I've had other obligations. But coyote season is here so let 'er rip.

Got the first Montana pheasant hunt of the year set for next week and after that, the yotes up here are gonna be in trouble. I don't like messing with them too early because they don't get into full prime until the around the last part of October but after that, look out.

Jaybic and fallguy, I got a charge out of your 'First coyote of the year' posts last October and I'm hoping to see some from both of you soon. Let's get a few stories going like we did last fall. That's what makes this forum such good fun, hearing guys tell stories of their hunts whether those hunts produced yotes or not.

In the meantime, good luck and shoot straight. Saskcoyote

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well I have been hunting Coyotes all summer. A lot of the farmers around here have been complaining about Coyotes, so when I have had a little spare time I have been out. So far I have managed to get 7 with my 16" Bushmaster AR-15 ORC.

I realize the pelts are not worth anything this time of year but I am earing some brownie points with some of these farmers which goes a long way towards getting permission to hunt their land for other game and pheasants. Public relations if you will.

Believe it or not but I have called all but one with nothing more than a mouse squeaker this summer and fall. Shots have ranged from about 40 yards to a little over 200 yards. The 55gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips have been performing great, anchoring all but one with 1 shot each. Two were frontal shots and the 55gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips did not exit much to my surprise.

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
saskcoyote said:
Let's get a few stories going like we did last fall. That's what makes this forum such good fun, hearing guys tell stories of their hunts whether those hunts produced yotes or not.
Hope to have some stories for you on Monday. We have our first real coyote calling trip planned for this coming Sunday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.