North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.journalism.org/node/13307

I saw this study last night that shows how much of the news coverage has been positive about Obama and how much has been positive for McCain.
This is from a research organization that is "non partisan, non ideological and non political."

Here is the overall findings of the study

Funny thing, The Tone of "Faux" News' coverage was 40% Neg, 40% Pos for both Obama and McCain. The most "Fair and Balanced" coverage provided on any network.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Un-biased does not mean accurate. McCain's getting a lot of coverage of his almost schizophrenically inconsistent campaign and the increasingly negative tactics.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
omegax said:
Un-biased does not mean accurate. McCain's getting a lot of coverage of his almost schizophrenically inconsistent campaign and the increasingly negative tactics.
touche' omegax

The coverage is skewed because of the jaw dropping flabbergasting idiotic decision by McCain to choose Palin as a running mate. Even staunch conservatives are bashing McCain and his choice.

I'd like to see that "unbiased" survey again if you remove those numbers. Combine that with the fact that McCain has continually attempted to attack Obama with whisper campaigns, and has not talked about issues (because he can't win on the issues and his campaign knows it), this has drastically altered what type of coverage happens.

A better poll to have been created would have been to analyze the nature of the story being reported, and then analyze that relative to the coverage.

The media might be slanted, but what have they had to work with on the McCain side?

Think about it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
omegax said:
I was thinking the same thing... McCain brings it on himself. His choice of Palin is what immediately comes to mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts