North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
McCain May Lose Arizona in 2008, Again in 2010

McCain and Obama are locked in a dead heat... in McCain's home state. :eek:

Obama is now advertising in Arizona, which has to be angering McCain huh? Wonder if he'll be forced (or want to) spend money in his home state this weekend? Who in the history of Presidential races has EVER lost their home state?

Even better? McCain may lose Arizona again, this time in 2010, when he's up for reelection to his seat in the US Senate.

More at Americablog

Another poll shows that John McCain could be in serious danger of losing his home state of Arizona -- and remember, the Obama campaign just announced that they'll be advertising there for the first time in the general election.

The new numbers from Research 2000: McCain 48%, Obama 47%, with a ±4% margin of error. The key number from the internals is that Obama is winning the early vote by a 54%-42% margin, and this group is expected to make up 17% of the total likely voters.

Another important number, showing McCain's latent vulnerability: In a test run for his 2010 re-election against Democratic Gov. Janet Napolitano, McCain is trailing 53%-45%.
Too friggin' funny..

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
He deserves to lose, just on his position on immigration alone.

McCains got some great points but hes still an establishment senator and hes done alot of things I strongly disagree with.

If Obama wasn't such a bad character i would be voting for him this time.

the whole darn thing is crazy.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The key number from the internals is that Obama is winning the early vote by a 54%-42% margin, ....
How do they know? is ACORN counting the ballots too? :D

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I am not surprised really. The main reason is the one Bobm pointed to, and that is immigration. I lived there for a few years and most that I know take a very hard stance on this subject. They are ****** at him for some of his comments and his refusal to try and do something. He HAS not spoken for the people of AZ when it comes to protecting the boarder. It will be interesting to see what happens, but I think he will still carry AZ.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Bobm said:
He deserves to lose, just on his position on immigration alone.

McCains got some great points but hes still an establishment senator and hes done alot of things I strongly disagree with.

If Obama wasn't such a bad character i would be voting for him this time.

the whole darn thing is crazy.
Couldn't have put it better myself. It is definitely the lesser of two evils at this point for me. The Dem's having complete control of our Country to toy with as they please is what scares me more than anything else. The republicans need a wake up call, and they are probably going to get it on Tuesday night.

·
Registered
644 Posts
R y a n said:
McCain May Lose Arizona in 2008, Again in 2010

McCain and Obama are locked in a dead heat... in McCain's home state. :eek:

Obama is now advertising in Arizona, which has to be angering McCain huh? Wonder if he'll be forced (or want to) spend money in his home state this weekend? Who in the history of Presidential races has EVER lost their home state?

Even better? McCain may lose Arizona again, this time in 2010, when he's up for reelection to his seat in the US Senate.

More at Americablog

Another poll shows that John McCain could be in serious danger of losing his home state of Arizona -- and remember, the Obama campaign just announced that they'll be advertising there for the first time in the general election.

The new numbers from Research 2000: McCain 48%, Obama 47%, with a ±4% margin of error. The key number from the internals is that Obama is winning the early vote by a 54%-42% margin, and this group is expected to make up 17% of the total likely voters.

Another important number, showing McCain's latent vulnerability: In a test run for his 2010 re-election against Democratic Gov. Janet Napolitano, McCain is trailing 53%-45%.
Too friggin' funny..
Polls? You're quoting polls? Does this sound familiar?
"EVERY time I hear someone sqawk about polls....

I laugh. hard. "
(no that's too friggin' funny)

Oh and when I was looking for that you asked, several times, if anyone on here makes 250K or over. Two things, that number has changed and that number will change again if Obama gets in. And I make nowhere near any of the recent figures.......but my boss does. In 4 years we have had one raise. We have let many people go. Do you honestly think tax raping them at another 25% times will be better? And to be honest I don't know too many people who make more than 200K. But most everyone I know works for someone who does. So believe you me we will feel the effect.

"From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs."
Karl Marx

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Don't forget when the dems were working on a new tax structure Obama voted to raise taxes on those who made $41,600.

·
Registered
644 Posts
You know I still don't fall under that category. But I am still deathly afraid of Obama's tax plan. Every large company I know, aside from a few, has been really hit by hard times. I just read that Circuit City is closing 155 stores. Ok now under the Obama plan they will be taxed more and this will create more jobs. I'm probably just dumb and can't see it but how is that going to create more jobs? My company has lain off quite a few people. We've had one raise in 4 years. How is taxing them, going to help me? Oh maybe I'll get more money back in taxes. Great but I'll have no job. But that's ok I can wait for my "Spread the Wealth-Fare" check to come in. Yeah, right. I have been working since I was a kid. I worked for my father. I learned to take only what I've earned what I've worked for. I have never judges anyone because they have made more than me. Good for them. If I have every wanted something I worked harder for it and if I couldn't afford it I did without. I have never, in my life, looked for a free ride. People need to wake the hell up! His tax plan will not help at all! And his lack of world affairs will be even worse for us. I am not a huge Fox News Fan but I do listen to it once in a while on Sirius. But I do a lot of research on line. I read a lot about both candidates. I read into what they are saying and what they have done in the past. I can't believe people aren't seeing through Obama's "Smoke and Mirrors". I do not hate Obama. I'm not a huge fan of McCain (I do like him a lot better since the beginning). But I feel, of the two, McCain is the best by far. It's funny, I've asked a few of the Obama supporters I know why the chose him. All, most of the can say is, "Do you want four more years of the same?" I like if I take a stance against Obama I'm a racist. Oh well I feel we are doomed. It looks like Obama will win (I hope I'm wrong) and only time will tell. But, God, I hope I am wrong about him. For all of us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts